Pip decision

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I had my pip assessment 18th Oct, I got a text 2 weeks later to say they have all they need & then a letter came today to say they have all they need to help them make a decision. Does anyone know how long it might take?? It only took them 2weeks to award me ESA support group for 2 years.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Usually it doesn't take long after that. Can't say exactly but maybe ring them at the end of the week to see if a decision has been made.

• Posted

Ho Denise, thanks for the reply but in the letter it did state that there was no need to contact them until they make their decision!!

Thomas

• Posted

Yes lol they always say that. Most people completely ignore them and ring anyway. I always do. I got my decision 2 days after that very same text.
  • Posted

Hi all, I mentioned a few days ago that I had a text msg from pip saying they have all the information they need & this was followed up by a letter this week saying the same thing, yet when I was with my doctor this morning I asked if pip had written to her she said No!!! What way should I take this? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Anyone one any advice pleaseee

• Posted

It is extremely rare for the assessor or the DWP to write to/or contact by telephone anybody that you have listed on the claim from.

?The DWP will stop at the point that they are able to make a decision. This is generally after they receive the assessor's report. They work to getting the bare minimum of information/evidence otherwise very few decisions would be made with Decision Makers sitting on claims waiting for evidence from all and sundry - they don't have the time.

?So the most important evidence from the claimant's point of view is the claim form itself and what you submit with it. Not doing that will leave the DWP with no other option but to just accept the assessors report as the only viable evidence. 

• Posted

The DWP do not under any circumstances get evidence from GPs etc. The assessment provider may if they feel it necessary. Your best bet is always to get it yourself and send it in.
    • Posted

Your best bet is always to get it yourself and send it in.............which makes a complete mockery of what they put in the notes which go with the claim form.

?Still I do agree, fighting a principle will not get you anywhere especially where the DWP are involved.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.