PIP decision

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello All,

?I am currently awaiting for my decision of my pip claim. I have never claimed prior. I have lived with chronic anxiety since 2010.

?The whole process has been a long anxious wait, and the assessment was an awful process I must say I felt judged and some of the comments made by my assessor left me feeling extremely distressed. An I must add there was little compassion I got a feeling that I was being judged.

?I don't think my claim will be success, from the dreaded stories I have heard about mental health being so poor treated within this process.

?Can I just ask, is it possible to ask over the phone regarding the points that have been advised on your report when you ring the pip helpline. I have already requested a copy of my report last Monday so hopefully I should receive that soon, my anxiety had been through the roof.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear your assessment wasn't great. Sadly this happens a lot. Most assessments they will try to trick you when asking these questions. They will also ask you the same question in different ways to see what your reply is. I have to say though that going alone to your assessment may have gone against you as you're claiming for mental health issues and anxiety. It would have been better if you could have take someone with you. You can ring PIP and ask for a copy of the assessment report and they'll send it to you. This will give you some idea on if you've been awarded anything because the decsion maker will mostly go with what's said on this report.  Decision times vary wildly accross the country and totally depends on the area you live in. They can be anything from 2-8 weeks. You can also ring and ask if a decision has been made and if it has they'll tell you on the phone. Hopefully you're not waiting too much longer. If the decision doesn't go in your favour then please do come back and i'll advice you on what to do next. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi James, sorry the process has been so stressful, I'd agree that going alone counts against you, if you have mental health issues, certainly it didn't help me! However, if you are unsuccessful, do carry on ask for MR and then go for an appeal. Try and get support if you can, to do the appeal, and someone to go to the tribunal with you. This isn't just because it helps your claim, but again from experience you will feel totally drained by the process. Keep fighting, and you will be successful in the end.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.