Pip decision

Posted , 2 users are following.

I recently had pip still do I have 14 points for daily living and 4 points for mobility however the cerbal palsy I have had for worse handed in the new application with a hospital letter. I received a home visit and a copy of report which the report giving me 6 points for daily and 11 points for mobility. She also said to review in 4 years time. I'm still waiting on decision that been since 7 July. Can someone help how the report can only give me those points yet I had more on ma last claim and why she would say review in 4 years time. I just wanna know if I most likely will get it. I also been told by doctor to not use a cooker now. Ma mind is going mad with worry. Yet my carer is now starting to get payments from the 25th September 2017 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Reporting a worsening of condition is always very risky because they look at the whole award again not just part of it. I usually advice people to think very carefully before reporting these changes or at least to look at the descriptors to see which ones apply to you and where you can get those extra points. I'm afraid to say that mostly the decision maker goes with that assessment report, and usually awards what's stated on there. You can ring and ask if a decision's been made and if it has they'll tell you. If you haven't been award the daily living part then the carers Allowance your carer claims will stop because it's that part of PIP that's needed for CA.

There's never any gaurentee that a person will get a higher award when reporting changes and mostly a f2f assessment would be needed. Did you send in evidence to prove your condition has got worse, when i say this i mean different evidence to what you sent in the first time?

When the decision is finally made if you're not happy then you have 1 month from that date to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you'll need to put this request in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and why. Most MR decisions remain the same 80% infact so be prepared to have to take it to Tribunal. 65% of those who appear at their Tribunal have a decision in their favour. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise. Yes a hospital letter was sent in and she came out and saw I was in knee braces. Also showed her an on the highest medication possible also a hospital letter for physio rehab and they had a letter from hospital when I had been rushed to hospital for my legs also showed her a letter from health visitor. I'm not even allowed to touch a cooker now as scalded my whole hand and burnt the side of my eye sad

• Posted

Sometimes it's not always worth reporting those changes. Unfortunately if the decision isn't what you expected then your only choice is to start the Appeal route which would be the MR first. It's a very long process and stressful but we have to do these things sometimes. If you haven't had that decision yet please do call PIP and ask if it's been made, they'll tell you if it has. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise,

Yeah I've been calling every week they got the atos report on the 9th last month 

• Posted

Unfortunately there isn't any you can do until the decision has been made. Hopefully not too much longer now. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.