pip /esa review

Posted , 4 users are following.

my pip/esa due to be renewel in december will they still pay me if i have to go for assement aprite reply back sorry for spelling mistakes thanks

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Yes payment will still be made whilst going through renewel process.

• Posted

You should get a assessment before your renewal 
    • Posted

Not everyone has an assessment it's rare not to but decisions can be based on paper evidence alone.

• Posted

dint have assement wjhen i first went on it they based all evednce in wat i put in hopefully i won hae to go for assement as me fits/mental heaslth stil same
    • Posted

When you do get those forms, especially the ESA50 one i'd advice you to get help to fill it in. It's very complex and has to be filled in the correct way, because this helps. Good luck.

• Posted

ive ecived letter from pp denise saying me pip due to run out in march2018 which i know but since claim i had wet room put in because me sezures fits and had me medicicen incresed since then got letters from council occupatinl health that they recomend a wet room being put in and letter last time i went to hossie in sept is it wort putting those in with me new claim when i get form off them and will any this help me sezures still contuning on reglaur basis aprite reply back when u have time thanks for reading hope it makes sence
    • Posted

Hi Ross,

Any evidence you have just send it in wiith the form, as it all helps. Remember to only send copies and to put your NI number on the top of everything you send.

As your PIP is due to run out in March if a decision isn't made by that date then your payments will stop. Once a decision is made, if it goes in your favour then you'll be backdated to when it stops. There's no time scales to these renewals, but ti's possible you could be waiting longer than those 3 months, especially if you ring to ask for an extension of time for filling that form out.

Expect another assessment, also as most people have these. Good luck Ross and please do come back and let me know the outcome. x

• Posted

I've just re-read what you said and if you have letters proving that you actually have the wet room rather than recommending you have one, then i would send those instead.

• Posted

think i have got letter wuth detail plans its been instaled anyway
    • Posted

got on letter replce bath with wet room as detailed in attached percifications shall i send that in sorry to distube u on weekend
    • Posted

Having said that does your wet room have grab rails, a seat in the shower,and a toilet seat/frame? Wet rooms aren't classed as aids, it's what's used inside the wet room that's classed as aids. If it does then 2 points can be scored for washing/bathing and another 2 points can be scored for using the toilet. You won't gain anymore points from having the wet room installed on it's own, as it's not classed as an aid for PIP descriptors. Hope this helps and goodluck with the assessment.

• Posted

Does your wet room have those aids as i mentioned in my other post? You won't score those points unless it does have them. Lots of able-bodied people have wet rooms installed.

• Posted

well dwp quick enough to pass me claim onto atos o independent assement services as they know known lol assement friday so quick they are im due pip next tuesday wil that be payed denise still and will that be me last payment of pip when they say im not entiteled to it again aprite reply back thanks when u have time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.