PIP/ESA SDP

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hy

I've just been awarded enhanced care /standard mobility. Spoke esa who says coz my sons 18 and daughter 15 I may not get it as I'm not living alone now? He works part-time and does his own thing?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Diane how long from ftf assessment did you wait for decision

I think your son would have to earn a lot for you not get it but really what I have been reading he is your son not husband they cannot count his income x

• Posted

Tbh it was quite quick. F2f 3 was ago, text 30th sept they got what they need, letter sent out 10oct. I was worried as was in n out assessment in 5 mins.x
  • Posted

Hi Dianne

Your son’s income should-not prevent you from receiving Income Based ESA it is only the income of partners which count.

Your son could be considered as a ‘non-dependent’ adult for housing benefit although for DLA anyone who was in receipt of High Care was exempt from non-dependent payments towards HB. I assume it is the same for PIP but I haven’t checked.

• Posted

Weather you live alone or not is not a consideration for ESA, dud information, apply! good luck x
  • Posted

Hi. I remember when my son turned 18 my esa payment went down due to not living alone anymore. They didn't ask anything about his earnings it was just about another adult living in house so not as vulnerable and someone there to care for me.

• Posted

I think this is the relevant point.  One of the criteria for severe disability premium is :-

You must be living alone (have no non-dependents aged 18 or over living with you for example, an adult son , daughter or parent ), unless they are also receiving a qualifying disability benefit or are registered blind)

It looks like your son being 18 is going to stop you receiving SDP unless he is receiving a disability benefit too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.