PIP extension

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

I used to have low rate care and high rate mobility on DLA . That changed to low rate care and low rate mobility when I had to apply for PIP. It was awarded for 2 years, ending September 2020 . I received an letter this morning notifying me that it was now extended to a 10 year award from the date of the first PIP award and would not be contacted again until 2028. I realise that I could be contacted anytime in between those dates, but still good news as I was dreading reapplying again this September.

Mike.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That must be such a relief for you. Could it have been because you are already of pension age by chance?

• Posted

Hi,

I will be 70 in March, didn't know that helped. Thanks for your reply.

Mike.

• Posted

Good news. Yes, this will be because of your age and they don't expect your condition to change anytime in the future.

Although for anyone reading this the new rules for those that are of state pension age and above, do not apply to everyone, like people first thought. They only apply to those that condition isn't expected to change. If DWP think your condition may have changed then those that are due a review will receive more forms to fill in and return.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.