PIP f2f additional evidence

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, everyone.

My husband is having a f2f home assessment in 10 days and I am searching additional evidence.

We received a consultation report from his pain clinic after we sent out PIP application.

It describes his current pain situation, morphine only relaxes him a bit but doesn’t reduce the pain as much as it should.

We requested increasing the dosage of morphine or additional pain killers (he is on 4 different kins of pain meds already.) but doctor said he’s already on really high dosage and didn’t want to add any more medicine.

Doctor suggested to try a treatment and we have an appointment for it.

(I am sorry I don’t know the name of the treatment. Doctor explained stick a needle into the nerve damage area and give an electric shock through the needle.)

I am wondering if we should submit the letter as an additional evidence.

My concern is if they take this as a possibility of my husband’s miraculous recovery and might shorten the award period.

(There is no guarantee that the treatment works. Even if it works, the affect wears off in time and he has to have it repeatedly.)

I might be too paranoid but any advice will be appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think basically you cannot have your cake and eat it!

Which would you rather? Your husband's condition improves or you are awarded more money?

This may sound harsh but I think it is the reality of the situation.

Hope it works out to be best for you all.

Keep in touch.

Sarah

• Posted

HI! sarah7162,

Thank you for the reply.

Of course I wish there was a treatment which takes his pain away, but we were told by his doctor he has to live with the pain whole his life.

His pain might get less for a few months after the treatment as the treatment he is having is a temporary solution as he's been on too much morphine and painkillers already.

My concern is the informations you provide to the assessor could be misread.

(I have experienced.)

I am not using his condition to earn more money. Of course I would be much happier if he becomes well again, and we wish we could go out together , share more fun together etc.

• Posted

I completely agree with your response to Denise. I think at the end of the day you just have to do what you feel is right for you and your husband.

I do wish you luck with this all and please keep in touch.

Sarah

• Posted

Hi,

Future appointment letters are not classed as evidence. The reason is because it doesn't tell them anything about their condition, other than they have an appointment sometime in the future.

• Posted

HI! denise15811,

Thank you for the advice.

Yes I read the future appointments won't be treated as evidences.

But the letter I am thinking to submit contains info about his pain and the latest examination of his pain clinic along the treatment he will have.

The treatment is a temporally solution as he's on too much morphine and painkillers already.

I think the letter explains his current pain problem but I also concern if they misread the info and think there is a treatment which might cure his condition.

Maybe it depends what they read in the information.

I will think about it a bit more and follow what I feel right.

Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.