PIP for over 65s

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Yet again a message from dwp regarding pip benefits for those getting pip at pensional age.

It seems to say all those receiving pip awards(no mention of lower or higher rates), will only have a soft touch every 10 years. I know I am slow on the uptake, I know I should be able to make sense of it, but I cant. Who will get the soft touch approach? All over 65s, or only those getting the high rates?

Mike.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The actual press release says all those who are already of State Pension age who already get PIP, no mention of the rate.

This was officially announced last week by DWP and reported in papers and internet.

The same will apply to current claimants as they reach state pension age in the future.

Some articles are being badly written and causing all this confusion.

It applies to me so I'm happy about it 😁.

Take care x

• Posted

It applies to me too.

There must be some advantages for getting old!!

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.