PIP HCP REPORT

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, Back in again with update.                                                                          Just got the HCP report i asked for. i requested this because they stopped my PIP mobility award and am in MR stage. Reading through it i find it was stopped because of two co-dydramol tablets. Ay, no kidding. I should be taking 8 not 6.  Anyone with sim prob"s?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I doubt very much that the loss of the mobility element is entirely down to the 'missing' 2 tablets.

Maybe the DWP think that your medication level is such that it contradicts what you have claimed for?

As a matter of interest and I'm not being nosey but how can taking that type of painkiller give rise to claiming for mobility?

I'm on 100mg of Morphine every 12 hours + 300mg of Pregabalin daily and as much Oramorph as I need - and that lot is just for pain relief - yet I couldn't see where any points could be gained because of taking them when I looked into thinking about the offer to transfer from DLA to PIP. As it was they removed my HRM & MRC DLA because I didn't go for the transfer.

• Posted

Hi Les. Thanks for that, there is nothing that is straight to the point with the report it is very eronios with why they even mention some of the things they did. eg, taxis daughter to work,!!!!! all of 4 miles week. I am not a reg taxi, my car is for pleasure. she is a passenger. My wekly mileage is around 30miles a week.There is other medicatio involved. Neurontin. They made ref to why i find the dosages of medication to high. (flying in the clouds)  So i"m at a loss with this. Thanks. 
  • Posted

Hi gettingonmypip

I have seen similar problems it comes down to how the DWP assess your condition.

Going on what you have disclosed it would seem that the HCP has noticed a gap in your pain management and suggested that by taking 2 more tablets your condition would be controlled enough not to require extra support. Of course your co-codamol is in addition to your other pain relief Neurontin (gabapentin)

Just having a condition is not enough and even how it affects you will not be enough if there are counter measures such as pain control or aids which allow you to do things independently.

It would appear that this is what you have fallen foul of. If you are to challenge the decision then you would have to show why taking an extra 2 co-codamol or even why taking the drug long term is not a viable option.

FYI I take co-codamol but recently I had a prescription review at my pharmacy and they advised me that co-codamol shouldn’t be taken long term due to its possible affects on the kidneys and this was on a dose of 2 a day not 8!

This might help you to appeal the decision but of course you would need a better source of information than me, although in theory there is nothing stopping you from getting the same opinion from a Pharmacist

• Posted

Hi

You have hit the nail on the head with medication. You are damned if you don't take it and damned if you do. That is exactly how I view my own situation. 

My pain relief is 100mg Morphine every 12 hours, 300mg Pregabalin daily and as much Oramorph as I want/need. With that lot it would be safe to assume that I am in pain to have to take it. However I accept recognise quite correctly in my view that the DWP will say that taking it will cut down dramatically any care/mobility needs/issues to such an extent that PIP should not be given. 

My wife is prescribed co-codamol 500mg - to take 8 per day (been taking them for the past 12 years), Tramadol 50mg - to take 8 per day as well as Oramorph.

The only difference between us is that she claims AA (72) and has a lifetime award and I had to claim PIP because I was 65 in June 2013.

• Posted

Hi anthony, thanks for info, coincidently i had a conceltation with pharmacy today. Normal proceedure, happens every year i think. They asked how i was getting on with the medication. I explaind that i control my problems whith different amounts, depending on how much and what i eat. The full amount  prescribed per day would have more effect on me if i only ate salads, as opposed to cooked dinners. They were in agreement and said it was sensible management. The side effects varry also, dizziness/tiredness etc. These are cognative impairments  ( one of the descriptors for ESA. cognative impairment issues ) So this explanation and pointers to other mistakes on their assessment report has gone back to them. take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.