Pip help please

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been awarded pip on the enhanced rate but not on daily living because I was told I can cook a meal in the microwave which surely isn't a good daily diet. Also my daughter looks after me when she isn't in university and I cant claim carers allowed centre cos she is going to university. What I would like to know please is do I have an argument about the eating microwave meals. I was put on enhanced because I can't follow a journey on my own as I have very bad memory problems.  I can get a get on enhanced pip but then my benifit would be taken off me and I wouldn't have money for bills or food. Any answer will be much appreciated.  Ty

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ian I was denied pip I suffer from seizures. They say I can travel on my own and cook food in the microwave I have no trigger it happens multiple times a day capita are a joke
    • Posted

Paul it's a joke. I suffer from seizures also and on a daily basis and I was awarded the pip because I can't go on a journey on my own as I'm very forgetful and can't follow a journey on my own. I got 12 points which is all I got but at least I got enhanced pip. Gl in the future Paul I feel for you.

• Posted

Hi Ian glad you have received your mobility on high, yes I know it sounds wierd but PIP is not about your ability to cook good home cooked nourishing meals it's about your ability to do many tasks on a daily basis, the care components are a mixture of point scoring criteria's, you obviously didn't manage to score adequate points.

Have you got the breakdown of where you did score?

You can of course depending on the time scale put in an MR, you do have to remember though that you risk losing other points when doing this.

When making your claim did you supply them with adequate paper based medical evidence to support your claim as well, is this a move from DLA

• Posted

Good morning alexandrite. It was a move from from dla yes. I also received 4 points for washing and bathing because when I go to bath / shower my daughter as to sit outside the bathroom to make sure I don't go into a seizure while in the bathroom. It's totally wrong. You have to be practical dying before you can help you need financial. Since my wife passed away last year it's been nothing but trouble trying to sort my benifits out. Iv ended up on medication for stress with all the worry off these people. Ty for your reply

• Posted

I know this is hard to deal with but it's the move from DLA to PIP that is causing the problem, as you will probably have read more than once that you now have to completely forget DLA and realise that they are two absolutely different benefits and you move off DLA and forget it.

Now you are claiming PIP you have to have a different outlook, it's all about how your illness effects you most of the time not just say once a day.

Have you read the online discipturs to see why you failed to receive more than four points.

Where did you score those ?

• Posted

Regarding microwave meals I suggest you could try Wiltshire Farm Foods.

I did this 6 years ago when I had a knee replacement. I only intended to be on them till I had recovered sufficiently to be able to cook again and I am still on them 6 years later!!

All you need is a microwave and a big enough freezer.

I am being assessed for PIP  at the moment. Had a face to face interview 3 weeks ago and am waiting for the dreaded brown envelope through the door telling me how much money they are ( or are not) awarding me.

Sarah

• Posted

Thank you Sarah I had never given it a thought and very best of luck with your pip.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.