PIP Home Asses today

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm in the Esa Support group and this morning had my home assessment with a nurse for PIP, whom I must say was very lovely, understanding and approachable. I was also lucky enough to have a similar person, a lady doctor for my Esa assessment a few months ago.

I was advised today I will hear from DWP within 4-6 weeks.

my question is, if anyone is able to help;

If I am eligible for PIP, will it be backdated to the day I applied over the phone or when they received my written form (which I waited around 4 weeks to arrive but sent it back straight away )

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yes it should be as i recently had mine back dated from september back to january
  • Posted

If this is a new PIP claim it will be backdated to when you first made contact with them.

?On a side note I must admit I am just a little jealous that for some reason you have had two decent (apparently) assessors. All of mine over the years have been a complete bunch of mupetts.

?Mind you I had two assessments that were carried out by doctors' and the reports that followed were spot on.

?The rest - all 16 of them resembled a bedtime fairy story complete with ficticious dogs and long walks!

• Posted

think u have hit the nail on the head with your comments les59996 with your deiscription
  • Posted

Hi Lisa yes u will from when u phoned up you will get a letter then after that 2 weeks later u will get it don't worry hope your ok now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.