Pip home assesment postponed by 2 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a PIP home assesment scheduled and received a letter from Artos advising my home assesment has been rescheduled for 2 weeks later. Does this mean anything or I am just over analysing things

Then only thing that has happened is I sent an radiographers report (which I requested from my rheumatology doctor) and report states findings and I also enclosed photographs of my swollen ankles and skin lesions/abscesses.

Worried sick

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Very inventive. I didn't know that we can have access to those types of reports.

To be honest I would feel a little embarrassed if I sent ATOS/CAPITA all of mine. They start at the head (early dementia & frontal lobe damage), chest ( calcified pancreas, thrombotic arteries to the liver and spleen, veins in stomach wall that are now acting as arteries) damaged lower and upper spine, well worn hip joints, and finally both leg arteries that are thrombotic.All of those are done at least once a year.

And all of that excludes mental illness!!!

I really should be in a wooden box 6' under!! - but you have given insight into a another avenue for evidence. Thanks

• Posted

Is it worth mentioning the toilet and bath aides i have had supplied by my local authority's occupational therapists or this might count against me and be seen as help i getting already
    • Posted

Well you do have a duty to inform the assessor that you do have aids and adaptations. But on the upside it means that you definately score points on that discriptor and not mentioning them and hoping for a higher score is a bit risky as they could end up giving you zero.

Up to you but I would definately mention them.

• Posted

I very much doubt there is anything to worry about with regard to the resheduling of your home assessment.

This kind of thing happens all the time.

• Posted

That was something that I worried about when I completed the Attendance Allowance claim for my dad.

I had asked his local Social Services to do an assessment as he was living on his own and having diificulties.

They supplied an electric rising bath chair, new toilet seat and an electric pillow raiser. When this was disclosed to the DWP they were more than happy with the information and used it as definitive evidence that he had difficulties and needs.

I presume that PIP will do the same. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.