PIP Home Assessment Tomorrow.

Posted , 7 users are following.

My wife has a home assessment tomorrow for PIP,   is there anyone that can offer some help and advise on the assessment process?

Help and advise appreciated

M

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI  had mine this morning ..i worked my self up for weeks ..and have to say i had a lovely person who firmly understood my conditions ..he did go through all the descriptors ..as long as you can explain why you cant do things and be totally honest ..it should be fine , i do believe i had one of the good guys ...Its understandable you will be nervous , mine was one and half hours ..but not half as bad i worked myself up for ...good luck tomorrow 

• Posted

Hi, I'm presuming that as you are having a home visit it would be a problem for her to make it to an outside office.

I hope that you have sent in substantial medical info and kept copies, mainly though it appears its not so much what your wife is suffering from its more about how it effects her on a daily basis.

I had my f2f at home and it was no problem, I did what I could and told them what I couldn't.

I think that if your honest and show them that what you have put on your forms is right then u will be fine.

Can't give any better advice than that as I don't know your wife's health problems.

Try not too worry and good luck

• Posted

Hi,

I've never had a home assessment but the process is still the same. As has already been said if you haven't sent in evidence to support the claim then please make sure you give it to the assessor when they arrive, copies only of course. Don't just answer the questions with a yes or no if something can't be done then tell them why. You'll be watched with everything you do (your wife that is) from the minute they arrive to when they leave. If they ask your wife to do something and she can't do it then tell them she can't and why. Nothing really more i can add. Good luck and hope all goes well.

• Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies to our request for advise; it's truly appreciated.

• Posted

Well the assessor just left us,  seemed to go well; but only time will tell if my wife has passed or failed the home assessment?

The lady was very nice and had a calming manner, she asked all the questions that others have stated; when they were assessed.

She did concentrate quite a lot on the mental awareness side;  even though we explained that it was more about my wifes mobility - or lack of it , that really concerned her, because her mental capacity is not that bad.

We now wait to hear from the DWP.   We remain hopeful at this point.

I'd just like to thank everyone for your helpful replies; and I'll post the result on here; when we now more.

Thankful appreciation. 

• Posted

Hi,

Glad it's over for you. Hopefully concentrating more on the mental side of her won't go against her as it has been known plenty of times in the past. You can actually ring DWP in a few days and ask for a copy of the assessment report. Once they recieve both copies ( paper and digital one) they'll send you a copy. Mostly the decision maker will go with what was said so it'll give you some idea on the decision. Some prefer to ask for this while others prefer to wait. Asking for a copy of this will help if the decision doesn't go in her favour as it's good to have to hand if you need the Mandatory Reconsideration route. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.