12 Replies

• Posted

Keeping everything crossed for you and your son  Elaine x
    • Posted

Thankyou will let you Know how it went later x
  • Posted

FINGERS CROSSED good luck Elaine
    • Posted

She arrived on time and meeting lasted an hour , she was very nice and very sympathetic told me it might be two weeks before I get news of how it went , so fingers crossed
    • Posted

So pleased to hear that it went well. Shame that I had to go through a home visit that was conducted by the Gestapo (minus the light!) for my Attendance Allowance claim (DLA for the over 65's)

• Posted

Not nice when they not very sympathetic, they shouldn't be doing this type of work

• Posted

I'm glad it wasn't too bad Elaine, I hope you hear very soon and that it is a favourable outcome.  Plese keep us posted. x

• Posted

They are not paid to be sympathetic unfortunately.

?Their role is not to be helpful or friendly, they are there to see if there is any way that they can legally avoid advising the DWP to make an award.

?As Anthony once said on here, you can have cancer plus a whole load of other problems - but if you haven't made the case on the PIP2 claim form as to which descriptor you are relying on + evidence to back it up, then the assessor is not obliged or required to consider that illness or the care needs that arise from it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.