PIP in Recon

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

My PIP award was stopped after i informed them of a change ( for the worse ) in condition. Two copies for their reasons were sent to me!!! ( not appealing YET ) This was based on the form i filled out and not a face to face assessment. After a phone call from me an assessment was arranged. Needless to say they sent someone allong (HCP) who would justify themselves, they were right in stopping my standard mobility. (convenient ay)  A letter confirming this from them, based on HCP report. The thing is, Like i mentioned i reported a worsening problem. Looking at this report i asked for, it is so full of flaws and it contradicts itself in so many ways, based on descriptors and how you fit into them etc etc, That i and others cannot believe why i have not been up-graded, so to speek. When they have seen fit to go the opposite way. So if they had reasons on my paper based submission to stop my benefit !!! they sure aint got reason now. Not going by all the contradictions, asumptions and un tested entrys by the HCP report.!!!!!  So after pointing the major faults with the report, the ball is back with them. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What a mess!

I suppose you will go to the Tribunal then to prove with evidence that you should have what you claim you should have?

So glad I packed in my DLA (High Mob/Mid Care) when they invited me to go for PIP. No way could I cope with what has happened to you.

• Posted

Hi. Hope it does not go that far. But they sent me two coppies of their refusal before i even asked for a Mand Recon!!! ( We know this is proceedure for a Tribunal hearing ) ie, one coppy for you and one for Tribunal. Then all the flaws with HCP report. NUTS. eg, can use walking stick in left hand!!!  (when i have a right leg problem) The same thing came up in my ESA assessment last week about using a stick and the nurse realised her mistake after I explained the method of use. But on saying that cannot use it anyway, right shoulder problem.  Game on.
  • Posted

hi they base pip on good days. so when you sent in your worsening condition they decided you had more bad days then good so stopped your pip. so the pip is   very unfair unlike dla which looked how unwell you were.
    • Posted

I agree. They work to the fact that there  is nothing wrong with you first of all. Once you establish that, they will say that on balance you have more good days than bad. You have to prove that it is the opposite. In your case they are satisfied that you have difficulties but those difficulties only occur for the minority of days - hence no entitlement.

Is that unfair? Well when you look at DLA everybody claimed that all of their days were bad unless the evidence showed otherwise.

The balance has now moved away from the claimant to the DWP. You have to prove whereas for DLA the DWP had to disprove. Hence why the number of claimants was going out of control and costing the taxpayers money that just wasn't there.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up