PIP interview in 2 weeks time

Posted , 3 users are following.

Finally got my interview date through.  They say it will take 4 - 6 weeks after the interview to get the answer.  Therefore it will have taken 40wks in total from when they received my completed form.

Feeling nervous, which of course is now making all my symtoms worse.  Trying not to think about it but failing.  Need to read what I wrote on the form cos there is no way I can remember how I was back then.  Unfortunately I'm worse now.  Wish it was sooner so I could just get it over and done with.  Fingers crossed it will go well.

I've read some of the posts on here but if anyone has got any advice for during the interview it would be much appreciated.  Hubby is going to be with me cos I'll never remember what to say and what was said.  Think I beter go through the points criteria again and make myself some fresh notes to say.  I'll ask hubby to read what the person is writing if they offer for me.  I am really nervous !

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Whats a PIP interview Julie ?
    • Posted

Here in the UK (sorry I forget that I'm talking to around the world) PIP - Personal Independence Payment. Government kindly working out if I can have financial help. 

It's silly of me to be nervous cos in my working out I score highest level for both areas which are transport & around the home.  It's just trying to justify it someone when we don't visually show our illness. I've got my walking sticks and my mobility scooter so they are visual but I'm so used to hiding my problems. 

I don't want to look like I feel cos I certainly wouldn't look great and people would constantly ask me if I'm alright? If I could just look how I feel for that hour I wouldn't be nearly as nervous smile

• Posted

Ah I see - I'm UK too.

Hope it goes well - sounds like you someone who should qualify for help. Good luck :-)

• Posted

Ah I see - I'm UK too.

Hope it goes well - sounds like you someone who should qualify for help. Good luck :-)

• Posted

Thank you. PIP is the replacement for DLA. I haven't got DLA cos I was able to generally cope up until 2 yrs ago. 
  • Posted

I too am waiting for my appointment for PIP I filled the paper work in fe band I'm still waiting ,I can not remember what I put on the application form, but I too have got worse.

I know longer leave the house on my own and spend most days asleep in bed sleeping  up too 15 hours at a time.

financialy I need help as I had a real good job, but I have not worked for ove 2 and a half years.

i feel like I have lost touch with the real world, my friends have stoped calling.

i feel like the person I was has completely gone and will not be coming back.

does anyone else like this?

• Posted

You bet. I feel the same. I'm very isolated, only going out to doctors' appointments. Since my relapse a year ago, I'm having a lot of nerve symptoms that actually worsen when I talk, especially on the phone. I cope by doing some things that are still possible: eating all kinds of ethnic cuisines (which my husband brings me), reading the newspaper, reading good literature, listening to music, watching movies, and getting on the computer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.