PIP Joke a complete joke

Posted , 5 users are following.

In Scotland here and Ive applied for Personal Independence Allowance having been on Disability Living Allowance then 08 onwards. 

37 male living with a full employed working partner

In the medical assessment in Edinburgh I failed to receive any points therefore a failed claim I wasn't in a state or offensive or rude anything like that was honest and answered questions as best as could.

I have social anxiety disorder agoraphobia depression other mental health issues but aren't physically disabled in any other way ie can clean self wash self drive eat go to toilet by self.   

Also I am medicated for anxiety, hormones, depression 

These issues have been lifelong and very debilitating and still are.

The claim went to appeal process two months later  same result, then tribunal court which was a conclusive fail with some overseer marking out in particular the fact I can drive and that takes considerable cognition skills etc etc when since I arrived in Scotland in 05 that has always been the case. 

How can this be justified Im wasn't seeing a professional at the time of claim but have doctors notes, medication proof and its not that simple to just see a professional it takes time and being referred can take up to a year.

The other benefits I have struggled for years with incapacity benefit incapacity benefit income support job seekers allowance because partner works or I don't have enough national insurance contribuations which eliminates a lot.

Its like dress well go to assessment behave try hold it together and bear it then get shot down later for being honest genuine, while somebody else gets all it no problem because they behave like a d******d there and get probably spend their days drinking tenants, and blagging everything from the system they can.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HI,

I'm sorry to hear this. PIP is totally different to DLA and it's all about how your conditions affect you daily and not about a diagnosis. Unfortunately, there are some people that were originally claiming DLA that won't qualify for PIP because those descriptors are so specific and i'm not saying you don't qualify because i have no idea how your conditions affect you. I do know and under all about mental health because my daughter suffers with it and currently claims PIP because of how she's affected.

Your next step it to ask the Tribunal for a statement of reasons, from this you will need to find someone the specializes in finding an error in law. If no error in law was made in making the decision then unfortunately you won't be able to appeal it to the upper Tribunal.

You could re-apply but if you decide to do that straight away then it's possible that DWP will see that you've recently been refused at Tribunal and refuse you again. I've heard this happen many times before. Maybe you can wait a few months and then reapply? Do some research first to see exactly what PIP is all about. Gather some more evidence if possible as the more relevant evidence you send that proves those descriptors apply to you the better.

As for your comment on others claiming it all, then i don't have an answer for that, sorry.

Yes, as your partner works then claiming a means tested benefit like ESA, JSA would not be possible. This is because they work and a means tested benefit depends on household income.

• Posted

Hi Dylan I have to agree totally with Denise, it's a common fact that their are going to be lots of people upset because they will be refused PIP after moving over from DLA, it's all about how your conditions effect you and how it impacts on your daily living and quality of life, I have nothing else to add that will help you other than to say that you need to gather up all the medical evidence you can, psychiatric reports and therapy support etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.