PIP & JSA

Posted , 5 users are following.

My daughter-in-law applied for JSA at the beginning of November. They messed up and failed to pay her. When she finally signed on this week, she received just a few pounds and was told that, as she had PIP to live on (no mobility component) so that they didn't have to worry about paying her until the end of the month. She has bills outstanding and needs to pay them now as well as buy some stuff to help with her disability. Any thoughts?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

We are 13 /12 today, they are not human and don't care but it's waiting game now .and if she's on pip why signing? As you mentioned she's disabled , advice call the cab they will advice more ,good luck and for the bills you can help or her husband can pay . You take care 
    • Posted

Thanks nadnad but money is tight for them. We have tried calling the cab but can't get through (not on the national number yet). It's frustrating because they have taken so long to deal with this. If you were 5 minutes late signing in then you lose a month's income!
    • Posted

Get the address of the CAB in your erea and go with your daughter in law tomorrow,they will advice you better I do feel for her and you it's very stressful and inhuman what they are doing but we all are at their mercy , they decide they don't care about us , let's get the rich richer  and the poor poorer and kill some disabled .i hope she will get her money this week but just check and go to cab .take care 
  • Posted

You do have to remember that there are many claimants that receive no income at all whilst waiting the many weeks before payments start to roll in.

Your DIL would be considered lucky by the DWP in that she has some regular income.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.