PIP light touch?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

Just read the DRUK report regarding new rules for over 65,s pip assessments. From end of April 2019 , all new pip awards for over 65,s will have light touch over 10 year period, with existing over 65,s introduced over coming months. Does that mean many of us over 65 could fall through the net ???

Mike.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm also curious on this point as I was reassessed this year and think I may have missed the soft touch time zone.

I'm sure Denise will come and explain how this will effect some of us of an appropriate age.

• Posted

Hi,

I honestly think there's more to this than they are letting on. The light touch awards already existed from last June. However, they are only given to those with Enhanced for both parts. I'm really not sure how they can give a light touch review to those that don't have Enhanced for both.

The light touch reviews for those of pension age began on Friday 31st May BUT it's for new claims only. For now we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the coming months.

• Posted

Hi Denise hope you are well, I am thinking as usual they will find a way round it, I'm appealing my claim as I'm totally unsure as to why they lowered my care, suppose it helps as now they don't have to give me the soft touch as not both enhanced

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.