PIP mandatory reconsideration

Posted , 4 users are following.

So yesterday came the dreaded brown envelope. My mandatory reconsideration decision. I sent in doctor's letter with it and they seemed to have glossed over parts of it but they did change my mobility to 10 points so I am awarded standard mobility in the decision makes notes, but on the covering letter it says I'm not entitled to anything. Phoned DWP last night and man was very helpful saying he would put a note for DM to call me. Today I got a phonecall from a woman who obviously had no idea why she was phoning. So she said she would send letter back to DM but that I would have to make a new claim. I said I was appealing so surely that I would have to wait for that to be sorted? Has anyone gone through this too? Feel like I'm going round in circles.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had all this. My DLA was cancelled and I was awarded zero points for everything on the PIP interview and got the mandatory re-examination of the case which still awarded me zero points all round. I was then advised to make a new claim (which I am waiting the results of). In the meanwhile the first case has gone to a tribunal and I am waiting for the results of that one too.

I am totally lost with what is going on.

• Posted

I was then advised to make a new claim (which I am waiting the results of)..

Who on earth told you to do that?

What can happen now is that if you win your current appeal and the decision made by the DWP on your second claim is that you are not entitled to PIP, whatever the Tribunal award you will cease on the day of that second decison notice even if the Tribunal award you for 5 years!!. You have created two separate claim periods. that was not a wise move.

You should only 'double bank' a claim if you are absolutely sure that you will get what you are claiming and that the evidence that you have sent in backs it all up 100%.

If I was you I would be seeing an experienced Welfare Rights Officer as you could find yourself in a lot of difficulty if the second decison does not award at least what the Tribunal may give.

• Posted

Danno,

There has been a problem with DWP computers. DM called me on Friday to say they had changed my decision but the computer was spitting out nil award letters. You should get another one showing the correct award details. I had two.

I was lucky that the DM was courteous enough to call and let me know

• Posted

Thanks for letting me know that erykah71, hopefully it won't be too long of a wait to get it sorted then.

• Posted

Keep checking your account hun, I got phonecall Friday, letters Mon & Tues and money in account today, good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.