pip mandatory reconsideration

Posted , 8 users are following.

I know the success rate of pip mandatory reconsideration is only 20% get their decision changed at this stage as this is what the government have told to do , but it still means one in five will get there decision overturned has anyone on here had a successful pip mandatory reconsideration?  

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul

Even with all the evidence my MS would only get worse. It effects my memory balance plus many other things. The MR came back the same. I took it to tribunal and was awarded high rare care and mobility. All back dated. Awarded for 10 years.

if you've put in an MR good luck but be prepared to take it to tribunal.

• Posted

There's only 1 person that i know of on here. It's extremely rare to have it changed at MR stage. You maybe 1 of those rare ones but as Bobby says, be prepared to take it to Tribunal.

• Posted

You see this is what I don't understand if they say the success rate of an overturned decision is 20% that's one in five I would not say that extremely rare . I'm guessing those figures are actually wrong and maybe it's only 1 % 

• Posted

I did Paul. one point short on standard PIP so asked for a MR which took place by phone and got my extra point.
    • Posted

Hi Mary.

So pleased this happened for you. But when I was diagnosed with MS Ali g with the disabilities I already had. The assessor lied. And I was put in standard rate care + lost my mobility.

But due to having a loving mum. We took it to tribunal and and I said to Paul. Was awarded high rate care + mobility. Stressful yes. But worth doing. XxX

• Posted

Hello

I think l am the 1 person that had my desition changed at MR. And the only reason they did it was because l got a letter from my MP to send to them and to complain to the lady that done my f2f. Otherwise l would have been at a tribuneral. The full thing is a joke.

Good luck

Laura

• Posted

Thanks l got the news at the worst time it was a few days after my mum died with cancer. So you could have gave me a millon pounds or bring my mum back. It took the joy out of it. But l guess its a good thing as l spent a lot of time fighting to get it. So go for it yourself. And if you can get a local MP to back you up as thats the only reason l got it.

Good Luck Bobbybo1

• Posted

Hi Lors23.

I actually won my appeal at tribunal. I was awarded high rare care + mobility. Indefinitely. Which means 10 years.

But if it wasn't for my mum fighting for me. Neither myself or partner would have known what to do. XxX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.