PIP medical

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all,

let me start by wishing everyone a happy new year. as the title suggests i applied for PIP back in november.  i filled my form in which was a nightmare as the questions as for as much information as possible.  you have 28 days to complete and return.  well trying to get a letter of support from gp inthat time frame is not possible, but lucky for me i already had one from my ESA medical which i used. i sent the paperwork off and thought right i have at leat 6 months before i hear anything, well i was more than suprised to receive a phone call from ATOS offering an appointment for the beginning of December which i took.  i attended and was seen by a doctor who seemed to be well informed about Fibro, she was very understanding and i said to her that i felt like a fraud as looking at me i looked well she said that most people with Fibro thnk the same.

at the end of the assesment she told me that she would send off paperwork and that i would be hearing from DWP how would looking at the paper work and my responses.  well low and behold 1 week after assesment the brown letter dropped on my door step.  i just sat looking at it as i have heared that most cases are declined and you have to appeal. i asked my husand to open the letter but he said no i had to do oen it. well i opened it and had such a shock i have been awarded the high rate for personal care but nothing for mobility, i was nore tha suprised.  so dont listen to the gossip about PIP apply and see what happens, fibro is a disease that is recognised by the DWP and is understood so go for it.

kind regards

janet

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

well done mine runs out in july i am trying a self help recovery programme but if it dosent work i will worry about getting the bennifit again .

think it depends who you get you must have got a good one

i was told that they no longer have a doctor on the panel 

just dont no what to believe . suppose just wait and see

• Posted

I am so happy for you. I have my pip medical on the 8th of jan and a its a home assesment. I am so worried about it as i feel like people think i am a hypercondriact i have really low days and spend most of them in tears. I also do work so i think that will go against me also. But its worth a try.
  • Posted

Congrats dobie...well done you..I presuming your in the UK  I'm in Oz...I imagine you were talking about a disability support pension and help..i found it quite easy here, seems really hard in the US...however, you did get a dr that's familiar with Fibro...that seems to be the main problem getting a dr that understands...well done you...:-) xxx
  • Posted

Hi..I have a week ago made the initial telephone call to start the application for PIP off. still waiting for the forms to arrive..I were diagnosed 3.5 years ago and I applied then, twice got turned down both times and appealed twice, and turned down. Its been well over a year since, so I will try again. I know of someone who was only diagnosed 2/3 months and she applied, and got is straight away with NO interview, and also got the Blue Badge!!  Regards...Anne...frown

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.