PIP medical and time of decision

Posted , 6 users are following.

How long after the medical is it taking on general to get the decision back ? My wife's seems to be going quick after reading some have waited weeks for even the medical ...I never posted the form back until end if august needed to be back by the 3rd of September and already got date for medical ..so wondering how long after is the time expected

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

DWP work on a postcodes areas so the batches are done 4-6 weeks after that ring them for a Chase up on your wife's claim

• Posted

Oh thankyou Marshall maybe the reason her medical come through quick .
  • Posted

Hi david

It took 8 weeks to hear about my award and only because I rang or it would have been 9, but I got my assessment report 3 weeks after the assessment so that put my mind at rest a bit.

good luck with it 

• Posted

Thankyou , so the report gets sent back to you and does that give you an idea of what the outcome maybe ?
  • Posted

Had medical 10 august got decision 6 sept
    • Posted

I asked for the teport 2 days after my hone visit.tje report gets sent to dwp pip you 9nly see what points the dwp award you if you wait for the decicion.i wanted the atos repoert to see what she had written and what she said also what points she advised just in case i needed to apeal .you can call pip and request the assesors report from them this will give you a idea on what points you are likley to be awarded
    • Posted

jackie, did you get the same points awarded as where on the assesment?
    • Posted

Ok thankyou I will take note and do this as it's about my wife so have the rights to..I have already been told unless I'm there not that I wouldn't be that the medical can't go ahead .

• Posted

That's very interesting. Did the DWP/assessor tell you that you must accompany your wife to the assessment?

Never heard of it before.

I have certainly heard of many excuses being given as to why someone that you brought with you cannot go into the assessment with you - room too small, not enough chairs etc.

And regularly hear that the assessor tells the person that you take into the assessment room that they are not allowed to take any part or answer for you.

Strange and a new one on me.

• Posted

Yes it clearly states on my wife's letter which is addressed to me as I am her appointee and she is very unwell and unable to deal with anything I do all her care and our finances etc ..states it can not go ahead if I am not there .

• Posted

Ah I see, you are her appointee as authorised by the DWP.

That does then make a difference I suppose.

• Posted

With you saying that, I have never given it a second thought to take my wife in with me or be there during an assessment. She has always sat in the waiting room or went round to our daughter when they came to assess me at home.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.