PiP medical assessment

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I recently had a home assessment for PIP. I was really nervous about this but the lady was really nice. The only thing is she didn't ask me half the things I thought she would. She also says she was supposed to ask me to do some lifting etc but she can see I was in pain. Has anyone else had this? I'm not sure if she's failed me before the end and just left out the rest of the question? Any help would be great x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hiya shar

Yes my assessor said they could see I was in pain so did not do tests and she gave me a pretty good report but stall waiting for decision.  ask the DWP for a copy of your assessment report.

good luck

• Posted

Hi Nicolette

Thank you for your reply. I wasn't aware that you can ask for a report Hun I didn't get told any of this. I will call tomorrow and ask though. Is it just PIP you call? That's the same thing as me back problems I have 2 fractured bones at the bottom of my spine aswell as a couple of other health problems. I'm on morphine tablets for my back and other strong painkillers for carpol tunnel and also sleeping tablets and anxiety tablets the list goes on but I won't bore you haha. I thought the lady was really nice but my sister thought she hurried the assessment. She told me at the end not to worry about anything she can tell the fakes from the real people but I'm not sure now after reading other people's experiences. It's just a waiting game now is it. Fingers crossed we get the answers we are hoping for. If I hear anything I will let you know let me know if you hear anything back please. Good luck x

• Posted

Not for PIP but for DLA. & ESA.

Many times I walked away reasonably happy from the assessments with assessments similar to yours.

Failed every one of them!!!!

• Posted

Hi les

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the delay I'm new to this as you can probably tell haha! I have been on DLA for a few years and had to inform them I was recently in hospital for 2 weeks so had to apply for PIP. I'm not sure if the girl was been that friendly and hurrying up the application as she had already failed me. Iv heard a few horror stories about them recently. It's nerve wracking waiting only time will tell. Hopefully things eventually worked out for you in the end! X

• Posted

Hi shar46144.  I also had home assessment, assessor was very happy and giggly. Well why not it was her birthday and i was the only appointment she had that day at 9.am. So get it over with and the rest of the day was hers to celebrate. So she flew through the rigmaroll and stated i did not have to stand up (i was seeted all through it) The little minx put down on report i refused to stand. Ye. So DM took away points.  Chasing it up through Tribunal now. But hope your"e claim goes ok.  Ta

• Posted

Hi gettingmypip.

Omg that is so shocking I can't believe she did that to you! As if it's not stressful enough waiting for the appointment then worrying afterwards. Did you not have someone with you Hun? I hope you manage to get it sorted soon I feel for you. The lady that came to me was really nice and friendly but after reading what a few people have says on here they do that so we let our guards down. Because the woman was that nice and friendly i felt a lot more relaxed as I'd been worrying about the assessment it was my first time having one so didn't no what to expect. But like you mines was 9am and she only asked 4 questions really it was about medication, if I can get myself washed and dressed, if I cook and what my hobbies were. Again I seen on here people were getting asked to do some general maths etc. She told me she was supposed to do a physical examination but she realised how much pain I was in so she wasn't going to put me through it. Is that similar to your appointment Hun? My PIP appointment was a couple weeks ago and I just received a letter today saying Iv got to go for a medical for my ESA now. Nobody asks for bad health surely they can look at my doctors records or my PIP to see I'm not lying. It annoys me because the people they play the system seem to get it no bother and the people that really need it get turned down. I'm going to ask for a copy of my report tomorrow, i wasn't aware that you can do that. I'm not sure how mine will go now only time will tell but i really hope you get yours sorted out soon xx

• Posted

Hi, shar46144. Yes shocking. All assessors will be different, this was my second assessment for PIP. First time sucessful then reported a change for a worsoning condition 18 months down the line. Because i was reporting a worsoning condition i had it in my mind that they were going over old ground and that"s why it was so quick. Also, that i may not gain but, certainly not lose what i had. I had ESA assessment last APRIL 16, Kept me waiting an hour in waiting room after time of appointment, but this seems the norm now. You should have it recorded. Good luck.

• Posted

Hiya

If you still have your appointment letter for the consultation the number to request your assessment report is on the bottom of one of the pages.

if not then just ring the DWP or the PIP helpline and they will send it to you it takes about 2 weeks.

• Posted

Hello Shar,

I had my assessment yesterday and the doctor  didn't ask many questions at all really.  She asked when and who diagnosed my different ailments and we talked about cooking, bathing and toileting but not a lot else, oh yes also about medication.  She saw me walking from the reception to her room and asked me to move my head in different directions.  She said she would normally ask people to touch their toes etc, but could see by looking at me, that I would not be able to do it and then it was all over.  She seemed very understanding and made all the right noises, but only time will tell if she really was genuine.  She did say that she could get the replies to any questions she hadn't asked me, from the information I had enclosed with questionnaire form I filled in.  I will ask for my report, but don't really know how long to wait before phoning. 

It's a waiting game, which none of us are enjoying.  x

• Posted

I had the same experience as you the assessor said she wouldn't ask me to do the movements etc as she could see  I was in pain.  She was very sympathetic and I got my PIP 

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth - glad you got your pip.  can I ask what you got for your mobility?
  • Posted

Hi Shar, I had my PIP medical 4 weeks ago and it was similar to yours with the nurse asking not too many questions and telling me that she didn't think I would benefit in carrying out any physical activities so you asked if I wanted to decline them - which I did.  I too am wondering if this might go in my favour - hopefully it will.  I would be intrigued to find out if people who were not required to do any physical tests were awards the mobility part of pip.

• Posted

Hi everyone

Just thought I would let use no I found out on Friday that I have been accepted for my PIP for both rates. I called up to see about getting my report sent out and got told on the phone the outcome of my home visit. I'm happily surprised as I didn't get asked all the questions other people seemed to be getting asked and also due to some of the horror story's you hear about the assessment. I'm just waiting on the award letter now. I really wish use all the very best of luck with your outcome try not to be to hard on yourself as i was positive I wasn't going to pass due to the assessor been so nice I suppose there not all the same. Iv waited just over 3 weeks from my appointment and I was worried sick with it, fingers crossed everyone waiting hears back with some good news quick. Thanks to everyone who advised me I really appreciate it best of luck to use xx

• Posted

That's brilliant news Shar, I'm really pleased for you.  biggrin

• Posted

Hi Sukes

Thank you. Did you call up for your report? I waited until Friday and got the news on the phone which I think is really quick considering some people have been left waiting months. I don't think I will actually believe it until I have the letter in my hand!! Your assessment seemed to go a lot like mines here's hoping you get the same outcome ???? xx

• Posted

Hi Shar,

yes I rang last Monday, not received anything yet.  

I thought I might have phoned too soon to be honest as the assessment was only the Tuesday before (although it seems much longer)   They didn't tell me how long it would take to arrive so in the meantime I'm constantly looking out of the window for our postie - I bet the neighbours think I'm really nosy  lol x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.