PIP (MR)

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi does anyone ever win the mr without going for an appeal i have severe heart failure and copd most days i am in bed i cant do anything for myself i got 10 points for the first and 10 for the second i asked for an mr 6 weeks ago but have not had any word back yet was wondering if thats good or bad having to wait for a reply my consultant sent them a letter saying how it affects me i called them last wednesday and was told they still have not decided yet

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Helen to hear how poorly you are and with such a debilitating disease, I have no idea but maybe if they haven't then you could set a presidence.

Good luck and peace to you.

Regards

• Posted

Hi Helen I asked for a MR for my husband he got enhanced Care but standard Mobility and I put letters in from his doctors it took about 3 weeks and he got Enhanced Mobility so didn't need to go to appeal. Good Luck

• Posted

Hi Helen

The rule of thumb (from my frame of reference) is that those who simply ask for an MR with no additional evidence or explanation to why the decision is wrong will 99.9% of the time fail.

When approaching an MR a claimant should ALWAYS send additional evidence and/or preferably an explanation.

I don’t think the time its taking is any indicator (that’s probably more to do with staff shortages) but a GOOD indicator was the extra evidence you have sent.

That said to maximise that evidence an explanation from you to why this should award you extra points would have been advisable.

• Posted

Hi i called DWP today the lady told me that the MR has gone to her manager and it shoul not be long now is that normal

Regards helen

and thanks for all your replys

• Posted

I hope your mr goes in your favour. It sounds like you more than deserve it.   Good Luck
    • Posted

What someone deserves or is entitled to on paper is not the same as the Decision Maker agreeing with you.

On paper I was not entitled to PIP yet when I read and hear stories about others who are clearly a lot better healthwise than I am and have more mobility than I do AND that their difficulties are less than mine that are awarded PIP - I gave up trying to work the system out.

My problem is not being able to put over how my life is and what my difficulties are on the claim form - so I honestly don't blame the DWP

• Posted

I do think it all depends on how you word your form and how you present yourself on the day if your disability is not visual, not sure if that makes sense.

I had message yesterday saying they have all they need to make decision, I presume now its just a waiting game for however long it takes them to decide, weeks I expect

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.