Pip new rules mental health

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I currently recieve high care and standard rate mobility PIP.

I have been advised by my CPN to apply for enhanced mobility due to a deterioration.

Ive suffered for over 20yrs and also have artritis amd sciatica.

She says because of psycosomatic pain i get wjen i venture outdoors that i should claim.

I never venture anywhere without someone by my side. Even to the corner shop.


I have neen sectioned a few times and habe had ECT.

Is it worth asking for change of circumstances due to deterioration. Or am i risking losing what i have under the new rules? Im in a dilemma. Please help. What is the precedure? I couldmt bear anotjer ATOS/CAPITA medical that would put me on the brink of suicide. Thanks in advance.

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi xxgyanorxx

    We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

    If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

    Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

    If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

    Kindest regards


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hello Gaynor sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I think you should claim extra benefits .  If you need help with the forms Citizens Advise can help you.  I have found them very helpful   I too have been hospitalized and had to have electric shock treatment  so I know what you are going through.  my thoughts are with you  sending much love from Margaret
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up