PIP/ No F2F/ Letter to confirm that they have all the Information they need/ Timescale/ Mental Healt

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I made a claim for PIP on the 4th of November (I think), for mental health reasons. I sent evidence of hospital admissions, care plans and other evidence. I received a letter a couple of days ago, with it being dated the 21st of December, and it stated that they, ‘now have all the information we need to make a decision’. So I presume that I do not need to go for a F2F medical. 

So, here’s my questions,

-What is the success rate of paper based reports.

-What is the backlog like for Greater London (South East).

-How long would it take for my decision letter to be received.

Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I don't know the success rate for paper based decisions but i do know it's very rare. I also know you can be refused without an assessment, but that's also very rare.

I have no idea of the backlog of your are either, i'm afraid. Time scales also vary and as you know depend on that backlog. Your application has be extremely quick. You can ring DWP and ask if a decision's been made, if it has they'll tell you. While on the phone to them you can ask them to send you a copy of the assessment report, even though there was no assessment there will still be a report written up. This will give you some idea what the decision will be as mostly they go with that report. You may even have the decision before that report arrives but it's always useful to have the report to hand if needed. Good luck and hopefully you're not waiting much longer.

• Posted

Thank you.

I rang DWP earlier to ask the status of my claim. The man on the phone stated that the claim was with the case worker, but I thought the letter was with the decision maker. Would you be able to tell me the difference? Thanks

• Posted

No problem. Case worker/case manager/decision maker are all exactly the same thing. It's just some people call them different things. Did you ask for a copy of the assesssment report to be sent to you?

• Posted

Yeh, he said it’ll be delivered in the next 2 weeks
    • Posted

If a decision isn't made before that arrives, in that report there will be boxes with either a dot or tick. You'll need to compare those against the PIP descriptors or the PIP self test to add up those points. 8 points are needed for Standard and 12 for Enhanced and there's 2 parts, Daily Living and Mobility. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.