Pip no ftf

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi y'all wonder if you can assist me ? I have a friend who applied for pip about 3 and a half weeks ago, they forgot too give them there bank details and they phoned him on Friday too ask for them, when he came off the phone he phone'd and told me they asked for them then told him over the phone that they have made a decision and he doesn't need too attend a face roo face ? Could this be right ? As I'm aware that everyone is supposed too go for one, not unless they hAve enough information from his health professionals? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

• Posted

Yes indeed not everyone has to attend these assessments. It's rare not to but it does heppen. That was a very quick decision. Seems to me that a decision may have been made in your friends favour with the call asking for bank details. Your friend can ring again tomorrow and ask what the decision was. Other than that wait for the letter, payment often goes into the bank before a letter arrives. Not much to be back dated though with that quick decision.

• Posted

Thank you, I was just wondering as I had too go for a face roo face, he forgot too write his bank details on the form so he said they phoned and asked him for them but said on the phone that he's been accepted, one off my family members applies over 5 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything from them that's how I was wondering how he could have got a decision so quickly but sometimes he likes too joke about thing like this too me and I was jst curious lol. Thanks for your help xx

• Posted

Well because you just said "sometimes he likes to joke to you" maybe he is just joking? In all honesty i've never heard of anyone having a decision in less than 4 weeks. It's still possible that a decision has been made. I'm curious though, did he send any evidence to support his claim?

• Posted

Yes he jokes all the time, he didn't send

Any information with his form although he does

Have back up verbally through workers etc

It's possible that he has been accepted but I think it's rather quick myself

My mum also applied over 6 weeks ago and still haven't received anything from them

And she sent back up paper work .

• Posted

Ok this does ring alarm bells that he could well be joking with you. The fact that he didn't send in any evidence for a start. Verbal backup would be of no use at all, sorry. I would be very surprised if a decision has gone in his favour this soon.

• Posted

I noticed on the forms tbat it says you might not need too attend

A face too face I'm positive tbat he didn't send any info along with the form

But it does say on the form they might contact your health professionals for more information so

I just assumed that's what's happens tbh he's an alcoholic and hes got a lot off problems with depression etc

He's been consuming alcohol for a good few years niw and I'm beginning too think tbat he's been accepted from information from his

Case worker etc...I do know that the local cab office helped him full the form out

Though I have my suspicions also with him getting a decision that quick when

Others have waited weeks and weeks x

• Posted

It's very rare to have a paper based decision. It's also very rare for them to contact any medical proffesional, infact it's so rare they almost never do. Well i guess you'll soon find out either way lol x

• Posted

Yeah I know it's very out off character for them

Ill soon find out lol well that's if he's tells me by right

He should have got a payment today if tbat was the case I haven't heard ftom him today so he proabably hads lol

I'll keep you informed thanks for your help xx

• Posted

Hi clairebee I got stopped my DLA in September and I went to citizens advice they were really good my tribuneral was on the 17 th July and I got it back it took a while so don't give up it will happen 

• Posted

Thanks melanie, I'll see what happened when he

Revives his paper work but it's a waiting game.

• Posted

Hi y'all just an update on my friend he was awarded pip by a telephone decision by reading othres posts and myself this is not very common too recieve a telephone decision but he did and he received a payment this week and has been awarded for three years this is the first time I've heard off anyone received a telephone decision x

• Posted

HI Claire,

I don't understand what you mean by a telephone decision? I understood you to say he only applied a very short time ago and he didn't have a face 2 face assessment. Do you mean he was awarded it with a paper based decision? Great news on his award though regardless how the decision was made.

• Posted

Evening denise what a mean is the day pip phoned him too ask for his bank details because he forgot too give them his bank information when he applied he asked them on the phone that day if he's been accepTed and they said yes tgat day they told him he would recieve a payment within 4 too 5 days and he did he got the paper decision today but they told him via telephone he was accepted x

• Posted

Oh i see. They will always tell you what the decision is on the phone, if you ring and ask (that's if a decision has been made) what he actually got was a paper based decision, this simply means that a decision was made without the need for a face 2 face assessment. xx

• Posted

Ahh a see well he got a decision very quick he only sent the papers back 2 weeks ago, then they phoned him too ask him for his details then off which I think he's asked If he's been accepTed I've been waiting on a review for weeks now and also I have two family members that have been waiting 7 weeks plus for there's, it's a long process I'll tell you that x

• Posted

When you're waiting several months or more is when it becomes a long process. Some are waiting 9 month and more. I waited 11 months for my assessment.

• Posted

So if I'm one off the ones that wait several month for my review will my money continue ?

• Posted

I don't understand when you say review, as you haven't had an assessment yet and been placed in one of the groups. You're still in assessment phase and unless you're placed in the Support Group your money will stop after 365 days (1 year) Contribution Based is time limited to 1 year.

• Posted

They'll contact 1 year before you're award is due to end for a PIP review, so the likelyhood of your PIP ending before that is very slim. This is the reason they contact people 1 year before. However if at your review the decision doesn't go in your favour then your money will stop. It won't continue to the end date. If the decision does in your favour you're award length of time will be increased.

• Posted

Great denise thank you I sent my review form back a good few weeks ago how long roughly does it take for a review too get decided do you know? X
    • Posted

If you put a mobile number down on the form they should text you when they recieve them. You'll most likely need another face 2 face assessment as most do. Did you send evidence to support your claim? It maybe a review but don't take anything for granted with DWP. There's no time scales as it depends on the backlog in your area. My review last year took 4 months from the time i sent my form back to the decision. The assessment will be exactly the same as your last one.

• Posted

I haven't received a text yet however I phoned them and they told me my papers have been sent over too be accessed ? So am assuming that they are having a bavk long bit I know they have iy so here's hoping.....I might sound a bit dizzy here but I see a few posts are talking an MR decision what is that ? I'm confused x

• Posted

Yes most people have a face 2 face assessment even for a review. My review last year took almost 3 months from the time i sent my form back.

An MR is a Mandatory Reconsideration, it's the first step in the Appeal route if a decision doesn't go in someones favour. You can't take it to tribunal without first asking for the MR.

• Posted

Cool I'll just await too hear from them then, I think it was the end off June when I sent my review bck aww a get the Mr now thank you I wasn't sure what it meant thank u for your help I'll be sure too keep you posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.