PIP not awarded... Any advice. I have up to the 22th May to appeal :/

Posted , 6 users are following.

PIP not awarded 0 points! Advice please

Hello!

I had my PIP assessment a few weeks back I suppose I was having an OK day and my fault at the moment is putting a brave face on and always worrying what people think!!!! but after a 2 hour interview I was exhausted and deflated. I received a letter and report from PIP a few weeks ago and guess what I didn't get awarded.

A little bit about me. In August 2012 i just turned 32, collapsed with a full seizure. After a lot of tests and a 6 hour biopsy the hospital found a grade 2 large deep meningioma brain tumour. I am lucky it wasn't malignant but it has left me with cognitive problems, fatigue everyday, pain, focal epilepsy (seizures are now controlled but I do have auras but it could be the drugs) and I'm not the Gemma I used to be... I used to run 10K, go on nice holidays, see friends, family now I can't work because I am fatigued after walking 10 minutes and I feel pain everywhere especially my neck and spine (I have a lump that sticks out like a sore thumb like a hump) over the last few years I have been fighting to get well and I even tried dating again but didn't work out. I volunteered at a charity shop and came home crying because I couldn't concentrate, I felt fatigue, pain and I struggled on the till. I had tests done at the end of last year because I just knew something wasn't right I was then diagnosed with ME and wide spread pain. I've been through the wars and I don't want to dwell on my illnesses but I think after working from the age of 14 to 32 I deserve a little help. There is so much more I could put in this message but I think you can see I'm struggling in general. I've seen chiropractors, physiotherapists but I get migraines... I think it's all neurological my problems 😒

The ME clinic are going to write a letter to PIP to try and get them the change their decision but my occupational therapist isn't hopeful because I haven't been awarded any points. I can walk for 5 minutes and wash myself basically. Anyone got any advice/help to fight my case????? Very specific Examples to dispute????

I gave the PIP assessor and PIP so much back up. I'm now waiting to see a rheumatologist because the pain clinic are focusing pain to be just the mind and not the body ffs! I have appointments coming out of my ears.

Hope you are enjoying the weather. I'm lying down in the garden resting xx

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Why did you say you were having an 'OK day and putting a brave face on' it's hardly the right way to pursue a claim or to react with an assessor.

based on my personal experience, I would ensure that anything you post to them is sent recorded delivery. They have a habit of saying 'we not received anything in writing from you' which means it's their word against there's. Also make sure you have copies of everything you send them

• Posted

I didn't say to the assessor I was having a good day or putting a brave face on I meant in general!
  • Posted

Hi my advice to you is to go to your local cab they can help you
    • Posted

Half of them have closed down due to lack of funding and now only offer a telephone service.
  • Posted

'I was having an okay day and my fault at the moment is putting a brave face on'

​so from that I think anyone would surmise you arnt as bad as you make out. I'm not saying that's the case, only how you might come across. 

• Posted

Which is a fair comment to make and one that the DWP could justifiably use against you.

However,human nature being what it is it is quite a normal reaction. When people ask how I am my stock reply is - 'fine and you?'

Most people play down their inabilities.

• Posted

Lol Les  your so right, like being in the doctors surgery where everyone replys im fine thank you, i wonder why they are at the doctors then!

Sue 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.