Pip ongoing award after MR.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, could any one please inform what is ongoing award for PIP benefit. This is been awarded to me after MR for PIP.

Thanks

Mr I Singh

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

It should say on the letter when your review date is. on going awards generally are about 5 or even 10 years. Check that review date. It should say some like ("we'll contact on or before  September 2023 for example)

• Posted

You're welcome, i thought it maybe. Great news on getting that decision changed at MR stage, very rarely happens but great to hear when it does!

• Posted

My pip is dated until 2020 when do they contact you for another f2f assesment is it the year before
    • Posted

It would be 2019, 1 year before yes. The process is the same as before but a shorter form. You''ll need evidence to support your claim and you'll more than likely need another assessment. If awarded you'll get another renewal date, if you're refused your payments will stop regardless of your current 2020 date. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Yes its a year before Dawn so 2019 sadly is when they will send you another letter for a f2f assessment..
    • Posted

No they don't send a letter for a f2f assessment. First they send a PIP review form, which needs to be filled in and returned along with all the supporting evidence. Once this has been returned they'll decide if a f2f assessment is needed, mostly it is but some have a paper based decision.

• Posted

Sorry Denise being  my rather confused self as usual that is what l meant,confused
  • Posted

Excellent news inderjeet as yes Denise is right as not many get it changed via the MR route so well done.
    • Posted

The MR route means mandatory reconsideration so if you type it in your serach engine it will explain things to you Becky as that is the first step if one is not happy with the decision makers decision along with asking for a copy of the assessors medical report from the DWP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.