Pip paper based assessment

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all... I have just filled a form out for my son he was on dla since he was 3 he’s on high for care and mobility he has autism and serve learning difficulties.. I sent in evidence his education care plan doctor support letter and letters from child development centre and family history of my other children who are also autistic.. my question is he never had to have the f2f ( which am glad about he could not have handled it) but I am also worried he might not get the same award which he is entitled too..  nothink has changed with him and he still needs a lot of care he can not go out alone... has anyone else been through the same kind of thing with a paper based desision? Thanks for reading 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You are entering a minefield. Sorry to say that but that is what it will feel like if you do not have some help. I have always relied upon www.benefitsandwork.co.uk and their advice is crucial. It costs to join but if you read the responses on their site you will soon see why people use them.

• Posted

Ok thanks have u had your own experience with pip ? X
  • Posted

Not yet because we have avoided doing so before being forced to do so. I have used the site I mentioned for DLA and ESA previously where the information was great. The sad thing is that such a site is necessary but from personal experience with other matters (NHS, local authority, WAG and social services) I know we need some expert on our side. Bureaucracy seems to be determined to deny us our rights.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.