pip payment

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm posting this on behalf of my partner who gets motabiliity

payment , he's turned 70 this January and he is wondering if

anyone has recieved the paperwork yet for reassessment and is over 64 . He has chronic arthritis and is worried about losing the car. Thanks for any help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, if he has already started to receive the DLA mobility componant, then he will get  reassed when the presant dla runs out. if its ongoing then it should remain, and you could claim the care componant of dla.Not 100% sure of cut off age, for people being changed on to PIP , but I thin its over pension age, so he should be alright. google age restrictions for DLA. I have heard a lot of people say they have lost their car on the transfer from Dla to pip, so fingers crossed you can stay on Dla.  On the pip you have to be unable to walk about the length of 3 busses without pain. The Dla assesment has not changed. hope this helps, but do check age that people are having to change to pip. good luck.
  • Posted

Hi, just checked on direct gov. if your over 64 then you will stay on DLA , those under 64 will transfer to pip. x
    • Posted

Thank you for replying so soon ,I'll tell him what you've said.

Do you think he will be seen anyway just to stay on DLA ? He's

a worrier!! .

• Posted

Hi Linda,

Look at this from the 'real' prospective and mess ATOS created, and Maximus has taken over. If the Tories stay in power in the coming General Election then there is not going to be much change from what it currently is, I am referring to Assessments, Appeals, etc.

The DWP has over 800,000 in a back log created by ATOS, even with Maximus taking over a few months back, you are looking at about another 2 decades before the current back log is cleared.

Some PIP Awards which are correctly filled in and with the right amount of content, backing of medical professionals and numerous medications which are the ones whom are on DLA indefinite High Rate will be last to be dealt with, the chance of them losing their cars is NIL. But claimants on DLA that will need a PIP face-to-face, these will be dealt with using the current Post Code Zone technique which has just had another 49 areas added to it.

Disabled people losing their cars is correct, the chances of keeping a car on Motability on PIP or even on DLA now are down to 1 person in every 3. The reason for this is Motability is looking at how their cars are being used under its agreement, hence if you break any part of that agreement you will lose your car. Motabilty are also looking in to fitting tracking devices to their Hire Vehicles to stop people abusing their system. Everything is being tightened down, not just by the DWP but Mobility Operations itself.

Some stories in the media about vehicles being taken off some people are not the whole complete stories, and if you have a driver on your behalf they must live within 5 miles of you. No one under the age of 21 will be allowed to drive any Motability Vehicle, and higher engine sizes require you to be at least 25 years old.

Many people have lost their vehicles already, others are suspended pending further investigations.

There is a lot going on with Motability Vehicles, and they are clamping down on people lending their vehicles to friends to get to work, the police are also running checks via Registration Plate checks. So, you have to be very careful especially these days.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Thanks for all the information I guess he will just have to wait and see!😊 .

I wonder what Labour will do about

this if they get in? Carry out clawing

back the money I suppose.

Thanks again 😊

• Posted

I don't think Ed is that way inclined, and areas where Camaron thought he was safe, had a shock earlier today, met by angry protestors - which does not say a lot for anyone liking him today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.