PIP payment suspended

Posted , 6 users are following.

so long story short last year i got accused of faking my health and was put under caustion while they investergated but they choose to take it no action as they could see i wasnt faking and i also had a break down and far as i was aware that was it untill now so is anyone able to tell me what to expect ? i had a letter out on 12th december saying my claim is correct and there was to be no changes yet today i got a letter saying they have suspended my payments untill further notice and i have no right to appeal this discion due to a doubt has arisen . anyone had this happen to them? if so whats happened if you have a mobility car did it get taken away from you? did you lose your blue badge aswell because of this? how long did they take to lit you know what was going on and wether or not youll be getting your payments back or not? i have called them but all they would say is there is a doubt about my claim and someone will look at it and contact in 4weeks time this is stressing me out i cant stop thinking about it and im terrfied im going to be left house bound and unable to get two of my children to school (as i cant even do a 7min( 0.2 mil) walk to there school)or even attend any medical appoiments for myself or my childrens which is a much longer distance. any insight into this would be very much appcreated

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

HI,

As your PIP has been suspended then yes, it's possible that you'll need to return your motability vehicle but you'll need to contact motability for this and they will tell you for sure.

For anything else then you really do need to get some urgent expert advice from an agency near you because this is far too complicated for an internet forum. I would start with either Welfare Rights or a law centre.

Good luck.

• Posted

agree with other comment get urgent advise welfare rights are the best I think ,fight them ,to many disabled people give up the fight with DWP and.thats what they want you to do ,i had support and welfare rights everytime

• Posted

i dont want to lit this go without PIP im screwed but with everything that happened last time it nearly distoryed me i had to go back to counciling because of the state it reduced me to and its upsetting that they are now putting me though all this again but in a different way they wont even tell me what the doubt is .i dont no if its because of my dislecer as i struggle when it comes to serching for things online but how do i find the correct welfare rights? all that keeps coming up is macmilling welfare rights

• Posted

Personally, i would want to know what the "doubt" is and why they are questioning it again, even though you received a letter in December saying everything was fine.

As your PIP has been suspended then this could affect any other benefits you're receiving. If you're claiming the SDP or if someone is claiming carers allowance for looking after you, these will stop., although there's 4 week run on of the carers allowance.

If you're claiming housing benefit then this could be affected, if you have non dependents living with you. The benefit cap will also now apply to you as well.

Your blue badge because you already have then then you'll be able to continue to use it until the expires.

• Posted

As your payments have now been suspended it's possible that they now how evidence from somewhere. It's very rare that they suspend payments without good evidence. Which could be the reason of doubt that they mentioned to you.

When you filled out your form and attended the face to face assessment, did you do either of these based on your worst day? Just a little curious about this question. Or did you fill out the form and tell them about your good and bad days?

If you search welfare rights and then put your area after that, if there's any local to you then it will come up in a google search. If it doesn't come up then it's most likely because there isn't any local to you. You could try citizens advice (CAB)

• Posted

it turns out that they didn't get notified the case had been closed and no action taken which is why they suspended payments should all be shorted by end of the week just got to send the prof of the case closing

• Posted

Ive heard of this happening many times and very often cases like this are never closed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.