PIP Payments

Posted , 5 users are following.

Haven't heard whether or not my PIP review has been sorted but I usually would have seen a payment today, it hasn't gone in, does this mean I have lost it, surely I should have been informed first or do they just stop it.

Seems a pit callous if that's the case.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

So an update, just come off the phone with DWP it seems they have stopped payments because I have an overpayment which is because they have stopped my care component high rate and will now pay me low so it needs to be recalculated

New amount will now be paid from April and the reassessed payment that's left from todays payment will go in ASAP

I thankfully keep my car which is my lifeline so I can live with it and to be honest think it's more than risky to ask for an MR in this climate

I have also been given this award till 2023 seem a bit longer but who knows, the government could wipe PIP completely 😂

Hope the news for everyone else is better.

• Posted

Hi,

Alexandria,

Oh dear, most of the time letters arrive after either a missing payment, extra payment or less payments. You really do need to ring DWP and ask if a decisions been made and also ask about today's payment at the same time. Fingers crossed for you that it's not bad news. Please do let us know. x

• Posted

Just read you other message, missed that one.

As for the MR there's very little risk or losing the award you already have because most decisions for this remain the same.

There's no risk at all in taking it to Tribunal because if they plan on removing or lowering an existing award they will warn you first and contact you. If this happens then you have 2 choices either cancel the Tribunal or go ahead and risk losing what you have. Therefore there's no risk.

Of course it's your choice but you should fight for what you're entitled to.If it was me I would ask for the assessment report and compare the points you scored last time to this time and take it from there but of course it's your choice.

I'm glad you're keeping the Enhanced mobility though!

• Posted

Thanks Denise yes I'm getting the point score sheet and I will receive it this week and will compare it to the one before, if its in places I believe are unfair I will definitely do the MR

So doing an MR want effect the decision I have so I can't be any worse off?

Hope your OK have you heard

• Posted

Yes it can affect the decision because they will look at the whole award again BUT there's a very slim chance this will happen because most MR decisions remain the same. Only 18% of them change.

When you receive it, if you want help then message me.

I haven't heard anything but i'm not worried at all, she had her full payment today and they've recommended Enhanced for both. I'm sure i'll hear soon.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply I will probably look at MR if I score 11 points and depending on how it stacks up to my first claim and shows clearly how I have improved in their opinion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.