Pip (personal independent payment)

Posted , 2 users are following.

This will be my 3rd time applying for pip, every time I got declined I ended up in hospital so couldn’t take it further, this time round iv had my ftf appointment and I think it went well, told the truth and now waiting on a decision! Any one else been through this and what was your outcome!? Worrying me as it will help big time with my diet and getting about to my appointments. First time they said I was fine and made out I was lying so hoping for a bit of luck this time round, iv had 2 operations one recently and sent a load of evedence in. It’s for my Crohns, anxiety and depression which iv got from my Crohns. Anyone in the same boat please who can give me abit of information how it went for you? Much appreciated.

Jason 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jason, I just received a letter just on Saturday from PIP for me to phone to claim form. So, I telephoned on Monday morning didn't get through. I evenly got through by afternoon, my anxiety was all over the place.  Did you get your form by 2 weeks. I have two operations and depression it is alot to take. Fingers crossed you get your PIP third time lucky.rolleyes

• Posted

Thank you.  Hopefully, and when I rang them I had my forms by the next week but depends for everyone sometimes can take weeks to get them! Done it sent it back and the next week got a letter saying I had a ftf appointment the week after so all in it didn’t take long for me from receiving to sending them back and getting appointment. Now got to wait up to 4 weeks for a decision, hope it doesn’t take long for you.
  • Posted

Hi, I hope it doesn't take long for form to be sent out to me as I live in Scotland Dundee. I am really anixous about when I get the Medical Assessment.

• Posted

Mine didn’t take to long but hopefully yours don’t too. Every area is different but normally up to 4 weeks when you receive the forms 
    • Posted

Hi Jason, I received my PIP form today. I have before 12 April 2018, sent it back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.