Pip question

Posted , 7 users are following.

My pip is up for review the beginning of August 2018 and the 14 week deadline has passed what should I do?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Please take a closer look at your award letter for PIP because a review is always done 1 year before the award is due to end. This means if your award is until August 2019 then your review will be approx August 2018 and they won't send you the review forms until this time. You won't receive the review forms 3 months before.

If your award letter only states and end date then you'll be sent a letter 3 months before the award is due to end, asking you to re-apply. They will then send you more PIP2 forms.

So does your award letter have 1 date or 2 dates on it? Please check.

• Posted

I have just read your other comment on the other thread and you state your award was given by a Tribunal and it has an end date of August 2018, is this correct? If so then there will be no review for you. They should send you a letter 3 months before the award is due to end asking you if you want to continue with your award then you need to ring PIP to ask for more forms. They will then send you the original PIP2 forms, and the process will be exactly the same as the first time. The long forms, is what i mean by the PIP2 form.

You'll need to make sure you send all your relevant evidence with the forms. Another assessment will most likely be needed again. If a decision isn't made by the time your award is due to end then it will indeed end and no further payments will be made. If your claim is successful then you'll be backdated the money to when your money stopped. If a decision is made in time for the award to end and your successful then you'll have a new award date. So the process for you is different because it's not a review.

• Posted

Hi is a review of pip the same as applying again? The thought of all those forms makes me nauseous

• Posted

No, it's different. A review is much shorter forms, with multiple choice questions. The process for a review is exactly the same other than this.

The only difference with a review is the forms are sent 1 year before the award is due to end.

As yours isn't a review and the end date is August this year, then you'll need to ring PIP to ask them to send you the PIP2 forms. If you don't do this soon then you risk your money stopping before a decision is made. They are open until 6pm. If that's not possible now then they open again tomorrow at 8am but i would advise that you ring sooner, rather then later. Good luck.

• Posted

I just realised that you're a different person that asked the original question eek Sorry i didn't realise. It gets extremely confusing when asking questions on other peoples threads.

Check your award notice to see if your is a review next time or not. Most are reviews but if awarded at Tribunal there's more chance it's not a review but a new claim 3 months before the award is due to end.

• Posted

Hi Denise sorry to bother you again but I was looking at the increase in Pip from April of this year as we all get a bit of a rise in the benefit but it does not state anywhere in the letter an end time as it used to when I was on DLA ( which was indefinite) until I was forced into transferring over to the dreaded Pip. I have worked for over 40 years until my health deteriorated once I turned 60, this government penalises people who have worked most of their lives.
    • Posted

It won't state and end date in the PIP increase annual letter. It didn't tell me a date in my annual letter either. You'll need to look at your PIP award letter to know the date, it will be the decision letter you got when you were first awarded. If you can't find it then you'll have to ring PIP tomorrow morning because you really do need to find out the date. If you have that end date then your PIP payments will stop in August on the date stated, unless of course you're awarded successfully and then you'll have a new date.

Was this awarded from the Tribunal? If so then the Tribunal usually give end dates and not review dates.

• Posted

Hi Denise, yes this was a tribunal decision and the end date is the 9th August this year but I have been in touch with Pip and they actually had review date for June 2020 but going to send my review forms out a year earlier as you stated but they hadn't looked at the tribunals letter properly so they had made a complete error by not matching the dates up, but they are going to extend my end date to September 2018 and send me a letter out in the next couple of days asking me to ring them if I want to renew my Pip ( which of course I do) so thank you so much for your help in my query Denise, and I will keep you updated on my progress. Regards zebra

• Posted

Hi Zebra20, I had a PIP tribunal 2 years ago and i was awarded Standard daily living and Standard mobility. I was just interested what you were awarded at your last tribunal.

Thanks Twiglet,

• Posted

Hi,

You're welcome. I'm glad it's sorted but i don't know why they just didn't send you the form out yesterday when you rang. Seems silly to have to ring again because it can take ages for them to answer the phone. DWP do have a very strange way of doing things sometimes.

When you return those forms don't forget to send all your relevant evidence with it because this is a new claim and not a review. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi again Denise, Sorry to confuse you but I only rang them this morning that's when they informed me that they had got all the dates mixed up but they have added another 6 weeks on to my end date which takes it to the 18th September as they admitted it was their fault. Regards zebra

• Posted

Hi Twiglet after my face to face assessment (which was a total farce and packed with lies on their part) I was only awarded the standard of mobility, so I challenged this decision and took them to a tribunal and was awarded the enhanced of mobility and standard rate of care,I have got cardiovascular disease and arthritis in multiple joints which severely restricts my mobility, Regards zebra

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.