PIP questions! Backdating and payment dates?

Posted , 6 users are following.

2 days I got my pip! Yay, I got a back payment from the 21st of December I read that people get a backdate from the day you rang up? I rang up first at the beginning of November, and the 21st is the 2nd time I rang up where I changed my address. Is it correct that they only paid me from the 2nd phone call? If it isn’t what should I ring up? 

Secondly I got my first payment on 19/02/2018 and it said it would be every 4 weeks in arrears. Would someone help and tell me the next payment date? My mum said 13th of March and someone else said 20th of March. I’ve never had money before so I’m stressed about budgeting. Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

the claim stars from the date you put on your claim form so if you didn't put the date you first rang up then you wont get it backdated to that date , your next payment should be around the 19th of next month witch will make it 4weeks from last payment

• Posted

That's not correct. Money is backdated to the very day you rang PIP to start your claim off and not the date you put on the form. The only time there's no back pay is if a person is transfering from DLA.

• Posted

only saying what PIP told me  when I made my claim  and also  other way it doesn't get backpayed all the way to when it was 1st made is if it takes longer than expected to get the claim processed  as they can only backdate so far 

• Posted

Sorry Toni you are wrong, the date they back date it to is the day you ring unless you take too long to send in paperwork as they give you so long to send in, also as Denise said you don't get back dated if you were already getting DLA or as that's just a continuation

• Posted

I'm afraid that's not correct Toni. You get backdated money to the day you claim, regardless of how long a claim takes. When i first claimed PIP mine took 11 months. My award was successful and i was backdated 11 months of money. I was also backdated 11 months of SDP.

If the forms are returned on time your claim is canceled.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.