PIP quick reply

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI i have uat, astma,hyperhydrosis,sle i sent my pip form off on 24th april and today 28th of april i have received a letter asking me to go to an assessent on the 12th of april is this a good thing that it was quick or not ?

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

sorry should of said 12th of may not 12th of april
  • Posted

Hi, mine was quick like that, I think it depends where you live. I was awarded full mobility and full care. My assesment took place in Derby and he was a nurse and very nice. I have red some horrow stories about assesment, but can only tell you , mine was ok. They ask the same questions as you already put on your form, and he asked me to raise my arms(which I cannot do) and tested strenght in legs. If you are better some days than others, you have to have more than 50% bad days in a week. Good luck.x

• Posted

Hi Lola that's quick I think, I've not applied but have been told I should, I have SLE fibromyalgia constant ringing in my ears severe vertigo and wear two earring aids, I have a disability bus and train pass ?

I work full time although I don't know how I get through a day on times,

If anyone knows any more I would appreciate your knowledge

Good luck with your assessment, keep us updated. Leona

• Posted

Hi,

Having a quick assessment does not mean anything really. What counts on every PIP Award Application is how it is filled in, there are many questions that seem the same, but in fact mean entirely different things. There are also questions that are trap's to catch people out.

When filling out the form, put in it as much content as possible so they get a better idea of how disorders affect you on a day to day basis. Some questions that have a yes or no requirement, you may need to elaborate on how conditions effect you, in the warm, cold weather etc.

Make sure you keep photocopies of all information sent to the DWP, they have a tendancy to lose things very easily.

And BTW, there is also around an 800,000 backlog of appeals, it depends on your post code on whom deals with the Assessment. I have wrote many articles on DLA and PIP claims on this site which are helpful, but quite long.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi all,

I have now had my assessment , it was done by a paramedic and as i have sle i dont know if he knew anythng about it. They saw me straight away and the whole thing lasted 45minutes. He said i will hear in about 4 weeks time . he didnt ask me anything about walking but did ask me if i would get on a train by myself ! i dont even go to tescos on my own. i will lt you all know when i hear from them

tanks for all your comments have a good day xx

• Posted

Hi lolapants,

A paramedic is normal, it can be worse though - ATOS have scraped the barrel with many assessments and used anyone that goes in a Jobcentre in some cases! What is a person going to know about health disorders from off the street, or just left college?

All the best, anyway...

Les.

• Posted

Hi just an update  i now receive standard rate pip thanks for all your help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.