pip re assessment

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well I have just received a call from Capita inviting me to a re-assessment this Friday.Only sent my application in to DWP last week. It appears that the overwhelming evidence I have proveded is not enough!! Never mind off it all goes again!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well this doesnt surprise me in the least, let us know how it goes

Sue 

• Posted

Hello all I have been for my pip re assessment this morning. I did as suggested and asked the assessor if she knew anything about polymyositis .. She said that she has never heard of it until she read my file and that she had looked it up online.. She is an ex mental health nurse . I can't say how it went because they never give anything away do they? But I said everything that I could , I answered truthfully, basing the questions on a bad day. She was pleasant but very very thorough I was in for 1 hour 20 minutes . She asked me to do various movements which I politely declined, she did not put any pressure on me to do them. I tried to explain my illness and fit the descriptors of pip. She said that she would now write her assessment report mostly concentrating on what has changed since my last assessment in 2014, and that it will be seen by DWP decision maker adding that the decision maker would not be medically trained.she estimated my decision to be made between 4-8 weeks. Thankyou all for your support and advice.
    • Posted

Well if the assessor had to research what was the cause of your difficulties on line, there would be no contradiction in what you are claiming for if you had done the same - it would be identical!!

And I do like the comment - She asked me to do various movements which I politely declined

You most be a very charming, patient and polite person if that is how you dealt with the physical aspect of the assessment after 80 mins!!!

• Posted

Good point Les and of course I am all of those things lol .. Thanks for your replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.