pip re assessment decision

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well I've finally got my PIP re assessment decision. I will continue to get care and mobility components but I have only been awarded this until 2018. I am surprised at the short length of the award as my 1st award back in 2014 was for 3 years and on reassessment I've been awarded only 2 years and the evidence I provided was extensive (although I realise its the decision makers interpretation of this) so in theory will have to go through reassessment again next year as the DWP are doing reassessments 1 year before award runs out. May I ask anyone in the UK who gets PIP what are their experiences with length of awards?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

same as yours, awarded in 2016 till 2018 with a review in 2017.
    • Posted

Thanks ..were you surprised by the length of the award or was is what yiu expected ?
    • Posted

no, not really, my last DLA award was only 2 years but without that 1 year review and now it's gone over to pip and the government are hell bent on stopping it all together yearly reviews don't surprise me.. ESA has always had anual reviews till ATOS quit/sacked etc. then they only assessed new claims & change in circumstances.. so not surprised.
    • Posted

It is only a yearly review if you have only a PIP Awarded for 2 years, the longer the Award is, the longer before you see the DWP again.
  • Posted

The longest period on any PIP award now is 10 years, under certain circumstances, and normally when the Enhanced Rate is awarded on Care and Mobility.

Some DLA to PIP, are now done via a Paper Review only, therefore not requiring a 'face-to-face' assessment. However, this only happens under rare circumstances and is normally down to serious and progressive nerve disorders.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

You have confirmed my thoughts and belief.

I don't know how old you are, but spare a thought for those poor souls that are 68 and having to go through this transition to PIP from DLA. Re-assessments on that magnitude for those in their latter years is not something that really should happen.

And as Les69 says, anything other than a face to face assessment and long term awards is rare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.