Pip reconsideration

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my esa medical report stating i cannot walk more than 5 steps without pain ive sent this record off to pip to see if it will get me from standard mobility to a higher one didnt hear anything so i rang pip and have been told they are looking over my claim again to see if i can be put in the higher mobility group based on my medical evidence from esa just got to wait now. As anyone else heard of this happening??

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn

If you have medical evidence stating you can't walk more than 5 (meters/steps) and had it confirmed by a HCP then the chances of you gaining Enhanced Mobility must be good.

However, it is possible PIP will want you examined by one of their assessors

• Posted

Well on that basis I should have transferred straight over to PIP and received enhanced for both! ( Yes I know that they don't actually do that).

I had an ESA face to face in Feb 2013 which saw me into the Support Group both for not being able to mobilise more than a few metres, another face to face assessment with a DWP doctor in 2014 for IIDB which confirmed that my mental health problems were such that I was only able to function at 60% of someone of similar age and normal ability (early onset dementia brought about through frontal lobe damage), and a straight pass in 2011 for High Mobility/Middle Care DLA  without an assessment but based entirely on medical evidence provided.

As we all know, PIP is PIP and that no previous decisions for other benefits no matter how similar in nature you may think they are count for very much.

• Posted

Hi dawn 82680. Stay calm, let Laurel (ESA) and Hardy (PIP) fight it out between themselves. The outcome will be of interest to us all.  ta
    • Posted

I know im not worrying over it if it happens thats good if not then it dont. Ive been through enough with my health without worrying about this xx
    • Posted

Hi Les,

"Well on that basis I should have transferred straight over to PIP and received enhanced for both! ( Yes I know that they don't actually do that)."

Actually, in some cases this is being done. It depends on the disorder/s and if they are nerve related, with possibility of getting better in the future.

You still receive the PIP Application Form as normal - but after that you normally receive a letter stating the award is still being checked or the award is made to Enhanced Rates on both components.

No, face-to-face is ever required! They only do this if your disorder will never become better over time, because it would just mean they would be wasting more money to put you through any assessment, or take it further - it is usually granted from 3 - 10 years.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

We will just have to see my spine is crumbling i cant bend down or stand up any longer than a minuete i cant bathe myself my husband is my carer full time he helps me in and out of bed and shower he has to wash me in the shower ive gone from tablet medication to butrans patch 10mg.

I have severe pain in my back leading to my right leg. I walk 5 steps and start to fall because the pain is too severe, im not kidding myself i may not get anything new infact they may take it off me so i get nothing at all.

I dont feel sorry for myself there are worse people than me with worse conditions than i have. I just sent the evidence off and will now wait and see.

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

The Enhanced Mobility Rate is paid well, awarded to a person that cannot walk 20 metres (roughly the length of two double-decker buses), and does not suffer severe pain, or injury or make the condition worse.

You are like me, I cannot stand for more than a few seconds before I get major spasms and pain thats bad enough to drop me straight on the floor. You're more agile than me doing 5 steps, my condition is down to the nerve system which has twisted my body frame in many ways. I'm cramped up most days, take over 30 tablets a day at 7 intervals and have 6 Botox injections every 10 weeks by a neurologist.

Basically, I had to re-adapt myself to doing things, but it doesn't last - if I try and do something then the brain sends different signals to do the opposite, this means I cannot drink without spilling, cook a meal - that's impossible. I have to change my clothes around 4-5 times a day!

Well, my wife helps me. I managed to get an Electric Riser/Recliner Chair with the help of my OT Officer. It is also remotely controlled.

I often fall by myself even using a zimmer frame, both legs, ankles and feet are always swollen, so my doctor got me a hospital bed so, I could alter it to sleep easier, it also massages your back in bed, which you can turn off, if not required.

My wife cares for me, I cannot bathe myself, we have a shower and a bath, I prefer the bath which has an electric seat so I can be lowered in to the bath and then highered up when finished.

All the best to you and your husband,

Les.

• Posted

Hi Les

Are you actually saying that if following previous years of assessments and medical evidence that if your prognosis is that you will NEVER improve, they automatically move you over to the equivalent in PIP of what you were getting under DLA without any face to face assessment?

As in my case, none of my conditions will ever improve - that's a proven medical fact. I may well be able to improve my life through the drugs I am prescribed, will power and obviously finding ways around the disabilities In the negative I am on notice that from a physical point of view the future is that I will get worse and eventually in the short to medium term will end up in a box

So for those cases where deterioration, not stability is the point, how would you think that the DWP should view that?

I know what common sense would say, but hey we are dealing with the DWP.  

• Posted

With respect Les your circumstances were never tested by appeal. The OP may or may not get enhanced mobility at the first attempt but I would be confident she would have a great chance at Tribunal.
  • Posted

Hi dawn82680. Did you request this medical breakdown from your"e ESA assessment, or was it just sent with the pass letter? My letter only said i am to remain on ESA.  ta.
    • Posted

I phoned esa and asked if they could sent my medical report through and it took 3 weeks to get a 48 page medical report regarding all the questions i was asked and information regarding there observation of me walking all documented in the docters handwriting that assesed me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.