PIP reconsideration

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

Well after a bit of a wait I received my m/r this morning. Despite all my medical evidence and details of my day to day struggles the award remains unchanged, l/c and l/m. It is awarded for 24 months so I will expect another claim forms next year.

Reading the information provided for my m/r it is very clear that the reason for not getting h/m is because I drive a manual car. To do so I require significant physical function in terms of grip, power and upper and lower joint movements. It seems that these levels of physical effort are required for cars today with power steering, smooth gearboxes ,reversing cameras and light driving maneuvering abilities. Won't be long before the only mobility vehicles available will be self drive autonomous vehicles.

I am not going for tribunal, I am too tired to fight any longer, the b:$#Ards have finally ground me down.

Mike.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It's doesn't surprise me that your MR decision remained the same. Only 18% of decisions change at this stage and it's mostly a copy and paste procedure. Really, it's just an added step to prolong the process of taking it to Tribunal.

It's extremely difficult to comment on the reasons they gave for the decision remaining the same because no one here knows how your conditions affect you.

Those that don't have a decision they're happy with will most likely get to the Tribunal stage. 71% of those who appear at their hearing have a decision in their favour.

The only problem i'd see here is the length of your award being 2 years, your review will be 1 year before the award is due to end. Taking it to Tribunal could possibly mean that you wouldn't even have had your hearing date before you're sent the review forms. Tribunal back logs are huge in most areas and some are waiting in excess of 1 year for a date. If that happened then the new decision would overrule the Tribunal decision.

Only you can decide whether or not to take it all the way. I do understand your reasons for not wanting to do this.

The only other advice i have for you here is when you do have your review next year then i'd get some help filling in those forms because it will help. Be careful of the evidence that you send too. Often less is more. Sending in massive amounts of evidence isn't always a good idea because some may contradict others. If you're sending in lots of evidence then you really do need to go through everything with a fine tooth comb to make sure nothing contradicts each other.

These benefits are a minefield really.

• Posted

Hi denise,

Always nice to read your response. I will wait for the award to run its course. When they do get back to me in the coming year does it start all over again, like a new application, or is there a renewal stage to face?

Mike

• Posted

Hi,

It will be a review form but treat it as a new claim and don't just put no change and leave it at that. Put as much information as possible. Then send your evidence with the form. Your payments will continue until a decision is made.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.