Pip refused

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have psriatic arthritis. I work part time. I was awarded pip. On my review i no longer fit the criteria and so dwp hav stopped my pip. What do i do. I hav asked them for a mandatory reconsideration as i hav now hav to hav shoes made. I have bent hands and feet and clawed fingers and toes and hav had 4 operations on my feet where bones hav been removed so hav lost the rocking motion at the front of my foot. Which now swells up with pain and hav metal pins in it. I am in constant pain. My consultant has said i will deteriate and has put me on methoroxate. Ascwell as me being on diclofenac and leventhroxine for my under active thyroid. Wot do i do.my daughter does a lot for me as i hav no grip or strengh in my hands and joints. Dwp hav said yes im disabled but not enough. I hav had this disease since i was 28yrs i am now 44yrs and ive not claimed dla or pip before. Can any1 help me

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Contact fightback +44 161 883 1310 they really good
    • Posted

I spoke to my gp. And she said that dwp havent even requested for my medical records and that there to fax her so she can help my claim.
  • Posted

Unfortunately they don't ask anymore they want you to do the running around or your carer the number I gave you they will help you they really good take my word do it if they have declined you then get all the supporting evidence and put in a reconsideration
  • Posted

Why did they award you PIP in the first place if they are now reviewing it?

They have not even got round to assessing everybody who is currently on DLA for PIP yet (including me) so how on earth have they got to this stage with you?!!!

If you have to appeal I would advise you to get in touch with a local Welfare Rights Group who will be able to represent you.

Many years ago I had my DLA taken from me . I appealed. A local welfare rights group represented me and I got it back for life.

Local CAB should be able to put you in touch with a local Welfare Rights Group.

Good luck with all this.

Sarah xxx

• Posted

I was awarded it in 2014. Has i had an operation on my foot as i hav clawed feet. I applied in 2013. I neva claimed any benefits before. This was the 1st time. They wanted to review my claim after 12mths. And refused it now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.