Pip renewal after being awarded enhanced care at tribunal

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am my daughters appointee and carer (she is 23)..she is an extremely rare (she is only person in world at the stage her illness is at) 10yrs ago she claimed dla, had to take it to tribunal and won, high rate daily living component. When it came to being transfered over to pip, she had a face to face and got awarded 2 points!!!!... Once again, took it to tribunal and once again got exactly same outcome, enhanced care on pip. The 2nd trial was long (over 1hr) and had to be stopped half way through for my daughter to be seen to as she needed medical attention/care. Her renewal is now due and i am windering if anyone can sged abit of light on this...surely my daughter isnt going to have to endure another f2f or even worse another tribunal ( same outcome in both dla and pip tribunals) surely she has proven time and time again that she needs full time care..has anyone else been in this situation?? I need to be able to give my daughter some answers as she is understandly getting extremely anxious about this!!! Thanks for reading guys.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Whilst I do understand Pip paper assessments are extremely rare, I have just received higher rate daily care and mobility on an ongoing basis, purely on paper assessment only, so it does happen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.