PIP renewal form.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello. Received a PIP renewal form today, was not expecting one until around Dec18. This is what was said on my last award letter that was made by tribunal and ends in March 19. "We will contact you about 14 wks before your renewal date; So it"s gone from 14 wks to 52 wks. !!!!!!!!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

HI,

Reviews are always done 1 year before the award is due to end, so if your award is to March 2019 then now is about right.

If your award had an END date, which some do from Tribunal then yes they would have contacted a few months before to ask if you want to continue with your claim to ring PIP for another form to be sent.

I'd advice you to have a closer look at your award letter to see exactly what it says. If it has 2 dates then it's review 1 year before. If it has 1 date then there's no review but another PIP2 form is sent after you ring them.

Even if there's only 1 date on the award letter then as you've now been sent the review form this will have to be filled and and returned along with all your supporting evidence. Do not rely on them contacting anyone for any evidence as this very rarely happens. Expect another face 2 face assessment too. Good luck.

• Posted

I’ve had my f2f today after I sent my received my renewal form in Feb and mine ends Feb 19 it’s done a year before I was awarded in October 17  after tribunal 4 months later got the renewal again after over 10 month 
  • Posted

If you look at your award letter it will tell you that they contact you 1 year before your award ends
    • Posted

Some Tribunals give end dates so there's no review 1 year before, like i said. If there's an end date on the award from the Tribunal then you'll be contacted 3 months before to ask if you wish to continue, if you do then you need to ring to claim again. Once this is done they send you the full PIP2 forms. Not all awards have reviews.

• Posted

Sorry it does not say one year before end date. It says 14wks before end date. That would be in December 18. This is why i was not expecting the forms at this time. Thanks all
    • Posted

Thank denise15811. It does look like they have changed the rules governing Tribunal awards and renewal dates. (well, for me anyways) 
    • Posted

This i very strange because as far as i know the rules haven't changed. I don't know if it would help but i would certainly ring DWP Monday morning and ask why you received a renewal form. Tell them your  award clearly states you'll be contacted 14 weeks before because your award has and END date not a renewal date. It's always worth a try. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks denise15811. It is odd this has happened. But am thinking, my problems have gotten allot worse, so, could use this chance to tell them. Thanks  
  • Posted

I think when you apply for PIP it does say that they can review at any time.  I am in the middle of applying for PIP myself and I am sure I saw that somewhere.

Sarah

• Posted

Sarah, this is not true for PIP. PIP awards have dates as i explained before. There's a review date and and end date.

ESA they can review you at anytime and this is why they never ever put dates on award letters. If a person wants to know the approx date for review with ESA then they will always have to ring DWP to ask.

• Posted

Hi, what i have read from someone else who inquired about it is. Forms are sent out 12month before end date of current award. The information you submit on the form will not affect your current claim. They will look at the revue form sent in on the 14th week before the end date of current claim. So if my end date is March 19. They will use new information on form in Dec 18. This gives them 14 weeks to decide if you get more points/less/or stay the same after the end date. The only thing that can change is, if you no longer want to claim PIP and it will stop. (something like that) Ta.
    • Posted

Hi sadly you are wrong, if they reassess you 12 months early which is usual with PIP and they decided you didn't amass adequate points you lose your pip 4 weeks later and if you have motability vehicle you have to return it, u have time to put in a request for MR then you need to take it to tribunal as any appeal

• Posted

Alexandria is right, i'm afraid.

I have no idea who told you the info but it's completely wrong. Once that form is return along with all your other evidence, your file will then be sent to the assessment providers. They will then decide if another assessment is needed and mostly it will be. It's still rare to have a paper based decision even at review. Once a decision is made if the award goes in your favour a new award notice will be given.

For the rest Alexandria is correct.

• Posted

A little more advice when filling out the review form. Even though it's a tick box form i'd still advice you put as much info as possible and send as much evidence to back up your claim with that form. Even if there's no change, do NOT just tick those boxes and leave it blank. The more info you put down, the better.

I'd advice you to send all of the evidence you have, even if you sent it last time. Anything extra you have, send that too. Remember, you went to Tribunal for that award you want to try not to go back down that route. If you need longer to return that form then they will extend by a maximum 14 days, you just need to ring and ask.

Fingers crossed they won't keep you waiting too long for the assessment date. Once that is done, ring DWP for a copy of the report.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.