Pip report still waiting on verdict

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi am after some advice please I went for my assement 2 weeks ago.i asked for a copy of my report which I got it looks like I have only scored 2points even thou the women doing my assessment seem to be happy HELP me with putting down what I wanting to say anyhow I am on 3 different medicines for anxiety and depression.i haven't been giving my verdict but I notice on my report that I have to get a review for daily living part of it because I am having to up my meds.mobility part says no review but for daily living I have to go back 1yr 8months for a review what does this mean.

Meny thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

PIP has 2 parts, Daily Living and mobility. How many points does your report say you've scored for each of these? You say above that you've scored 2 points which of course won't be enough for an award because you need at least 8 points. This isn't the decision but mostly they go with the report. If it says review in 1yr 8 months what this means is that even though you have scored enough points for an award, they don't expect your condition to change within this time. They very often word it this way, even though there isn't an award.

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, so a change in meds won't affect your points scoring i'm afraid. It's all about how your conditions affect you daily. Obviously you can't do anything until a decision's been made but it looks like you'll need to go down the Mandatory Reconsideration route, then Tribunal if that fails (which 80% of them do)

Did you send in evidence to support your claim? If you didn't then this wouldn't have helped you. They very often don't ask any medical professional for any evidence, the onus is on the claimant to gather this and send it in with the form. Hope this helps.

• Posted

This should have read "haven't scored enough points for an award" and not have scored enough. sorry can't edit posts.

• Posted

Thank you very much for replying denise that clears that up.i think I may ask for an appeal but not holding much hope thanks again for info
    • Posted

No problem. You'll need to ask for the MR first before you can appeal to the tribunal. The Tribunal will not accept an appeal if you don't have a copy of the MR decision letter.

Did you send in evidence?

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.