Pip result

Posted , 8 users are following.

Well, I had my tribunal on Thursday, extremely stressful, a friend went with me and I couldn't have managed otherwise. I felt that they did treat me fairly, listened and asked reasonable questions, and gave me time- I was in there over an hour. 

The envelope came today, and I was shaking so much I could hardly open it, but I did and they have agreed I qualify for standard rate care, not for mobility. This is such a relief, confirming that I'm not a liar, or a cheat, and best of all it means I can manage, I can work for the number of hours I can manage without collapsing, and have enough money to survive. Feel I will sleep properly tonight for the first time in months. Now, my only worry is that DWP might challenge the decision and take it to level 2 tribunal. For me that would be the end, really I couldn't carry on with more of this. Just hope they accept the decision, and let me go on living

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That's good news Newbury rat so pleased for you

• Posted

Hi Newburyrat sorry looks like am calling u rat sorry auto spell not good
    • Posted

Thanks Kett87, it's just such a relief, being taken seriously after the way ATOS treated me

• Posted

Hi Newburyrat

U are OK I went through the same thing with the doctor for years then went to the pain clinic then there where brilliant coz there had no name for what I was going through so there done test after test in the end there got a name for it failed back

Surgery simdrom. coz of the scar tissue

• Posted

Just read this comment that was made by a WRO/Legal Advisor:

"A Tribunal hearing is like a game of wits. You have to outwit your opponent by being better prepared and more on top of your subject matter – and doing it there is like playing a game of chess..."

So so true.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.