PIP result back but not the one I wanted

Posted , 4 users are following.

Went for my assessment one month ago and was told today I'm in the standard group for PIP after being in the enhanced group. I scored 12 points so was 1 away. Is it worth having a consideration or leaving it as it is? I'm also in receipt of ESA so I'm not sure if I've lost any money as I'm in the support group and was receiving disability premium. Does anyone know?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you didn't get the reward you wanted.  There is no harm in you asking for a MC?  I am sure someone with experience on here could advise you how to go about it.  I have never asked for one before so not sure how it works.

With regard to your ESA, that is a seperate benefit so it shouldn't be effected unless ESA contacted you to reassess you and then you were deemed as not suitable for the group you are in.

• Posted

You should call the DWP for a copy of your assessment report, if you already haven't, then you can look to see where you got the 12 points and where you think you should have more.

• Posted

Doesn't 12 points get you enhanced componant?

• Posted

You are right just checked - 12 points should get you enhanced rate???
  • Posted

A person who scores 8 or 10 points when their level of difficulty with these activities is assessed will be entitled to the standard rate of PIP mobility, and a person who scores 12 or more will be entitled to the enhanced rate. See the assessment criteria below.
    • Posted

from the Benefits and work site: 

Care:

To get an award of the daily living component, you need to score:

8 points for the standard rate

12 points for the enhanced rate

• Posted

Just checked and 12 points should get you enhanced rate so I would call the DWP!  Maybe they have made a mistake!
  • Posted

Hi maestro, you won't lose your esa premiums because you are entitled to those even on standard pip living componant.

As for asking for a mandatory reconsideration for your pip, that really is up to you if you think you can convince them to give you that extra 1 point.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

• Posted

But if you got 12 points you should be on enhanced!
    • Posted

oh you said in your original post you scored 12.  
    • Posted

I noticed after I posted it but couldn't edit it lol

• Posted

It is anticipated (if the DWP get their own way) that the points will change in the future.

All of those relating to having aids will be 1 point (because they believe that it is totally unfair that with just four descriptors being awarded for having an aid currently you would get PIP) and the threshold for Standard is likely to go from 8 to 10 and Enhanced from 12 to 15.

So when this comes in you will get no award if your points don't add up to 10 at least for either component.

That's why ESA and PIP are a points based system - the DWP don't have to worry about changing descriptors etc - all they need to do is play around with the points that can be awarded. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.