pip results in me losing my car, please help im petrified

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi, i have changed from DLA where i was on high high, ive received the results of my PIP assessment and theyve decided that im only going to get the standard rates on both. Im really disabled with chronic Rhumatoid and Osteo Arthrirtis and Fibro myalgia, i walk with the aid of crutches and can do for about 20 metres. Im so very worried as i was due to pick my new car next week, but now i wont be able to have one as im not on the advanced rate for mobility, i dont know when they will take my car off me or anything. i sit here crying as i will never be able to afford my own car, and i just wont be able to go out anywhere. I would be really grateful for any help or advice,

thank you, Damara.

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

UPDATE = I've had my tribuneral and I WON 😊😊... anyone going to tribuneral, make sure you have sent in as much medical evidence that you can. And be prepared for the curveball questions ... I even got asked who painted my finger nails and toe nails !!! (my daughter did them for me)

But PLEASE PLEASE don't give up. Before my appeal I was awarded standard care and standard mobility and lost my mobility car.

Now I've been awarded enhanced care and enhanced motability.

Keep going, I know it's a long old slog, but hang in there

Dee.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.