pip reveiw form

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi i hope someone can maybe put my mind at rest i was given pip in 2014 and told i would be reviewed in 2019 , i have received a review form in feb which i,m hoping got to them in time but what happens now ... my conditions have got worse and am awaiting various appointments with consultants but have no new evidence to send them for the last 2 yrs , i am really worried as my dr said she was not aware i was on pip and that because i try and do things myself and am not in a wheelchair she will not support my application if they write to her ,,, i only do things for myself although i am in constant pain because no medication works for me as i have several different illnesses and she has tried to get me to do things to distract me from the pain her suggestion but not willing to support me i am so worried about this and it has made my illnesses worse with out of hrs nhs dr coming out to see me as the pain was so bad ...stress makes it worse , as my review was for 2019 will i now here something before then because i received form ... tracy

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry but think your Dr should support you whatever the situation
  • Posted

Hi,

First of all i think you maybe confused by your award dates. You will need to check you award letter as you may find the date is 2019 BUT your review date is 2018. It's very easy to make that mistake.

Evidence can be anything from a letter from someone that knows you well to a diary written by yourself. You can also ask the practice manager of your GP surgery for copies of your medical records. Please be aware that there could possibly be a charge for this.

If your GP isn't supportive of you for your medical conditions they maybe it's time you changed GPs. Is there anyone else you can see at the practice you attend? Usually there are multiple different GPs at a doctors surgery, rather than just the one.

PIP isn't just about the help that you receive, it's also about the help that you need.

What evidence did you send in the first time you applied? You could use that again and add a letter or a diary about your daily life. Mention your pain and the things you find difficult. Remember PIP is about how you are 50% of the time and not all the time.

People do mostly have another assessment even for a review so please expect that too.

Fingers crossed for you and hopefully a decision will go in your favour.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.